Terminal 10/05/18 Terminal Basics

I start the same date. I’m staying at Kim’s. They have an option where they only charge you $39 a day so you can pocket $18 from your housing

Just for reference, I stayed at Kim's and after it was all said and done with per diem and travel expenses and paychecks I walked out of OKC about $5500 richer. And you stay with classmates which helps a lot. 8/9 that was in Kim's passed from our class. The more people you can convince to live there the better.

Just for reference, I stayed at Kim's and after it was all said and done with per diem and travel expenses and paychecks I walked out of OKC about $5500 richer. And you stay with classmates which helps a lot. 8/9 that was in Kim's passed from our class. The more people you can convince to live there the better.

I'm interested to know how you did this. I just signed a lease earlier this morning with Anatole.

I'm interested to know how you did this. I just signed a lease earlier this morning with Anatole.

Well I didn't really do anything in particular haha, you get a good chunk of change for per diem, traveling to the academy, and traveling to your facility. On top of that you get a paycheck every 2 weeks which after taxes, health insurance, etc came out to around $500. By the time I was heading to my facility after my final round of per diem and travel that's how much I ended up netting over the 3 months.

@David Graham Did you guys like Kims' or was it strictly just to save money?

Kim's was awesome! She takes good care of you makes everything super simple. It's furnished, free refills of toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc. Comes with a gym membership, free golf at a par 3 course. It's near groceries and unlimited food options. If I ever go back for RTF I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Also lots of good table tops floating around Kim's for a when you get across the street.

I have this date as well. Looking at staying at Kim's Place but I see there's two locations. Is everyone staying at the Edgewood Manor location (the one with the shuttle)? Also, are you guys flying or driving to the academy? Just wondering because I'm currently in Miami and would rather not drive 24 hours to Oklahoma, but feel like I might need my car to get around/go places.

I have this date as well. Looking at staying at Kim's Place but I see there's two locations. Is everyone staying at the Edgewood Manor location (the one with the shuttle)? Also, are you guys flying or driving to the academy? Just wondering because I'm currently in Miami and would rather not drive 24 hours to Oklahoma, but feel like I might need my car to get around/go places.

Right now i'm staying at Anatole. I'm coming from Atlanta, but I might have to drive also.

Staying at kim's, she will try to house everyone together. I am driving from Cleveland, so only 16 hours. I like the idea of having my car there, especially because we will be there for literally every holiday so i'll want to explore some those days.

Yeah I'll be staying at Kim's as well, I sent an email to her though to see if it's possible to choose the Mustang Wild Horse Village location over the Edgewood Manor location. The Mustang Wild Horse Village location seems to be more convenient and closer to the academy. Only downside is no shuttle but I'll be driving anyways.

It definitely is closer. I selected shuttle service even though I'm driving only because I though it might be easier some days. Im down to live wherever though, I honestly don't care.

I’m driving out there from Cali. I don’t like the idea being that far away from home without a car. I’m staying at Mustang Village. I’ll take the shuttle most days but drive on days I don’t take it

I’m driving out there from Cali. I don’t like the idea being that far away from home without a car. I’m staying at Mustang Village. I’ll take the shuttle most days but drive on days I don’t take it
Mustang Village doesn't have a shuttle.

Back
Top Bottom