En Route 11/12/2021 Enroute Basics

mr.k99

Thread for the En Route class beginning 11/12/2021.

Virtual Basics class dates: 11/12/2021-12/09/2021
Projected in-person Academy dates: 12/17/2021-03/15/2022

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey, great to meet you! I'm looking forward to the next 5 months.

I believe nb123 from the main thread is also in this class.

Hey, thanks for the tag! So excited to meet some new people. We got this ?

Also I didn't realize the enroute class was four months, I'm glad you posted that. I'm sure we'll get emailed some more information soon about the class.

I was looking at housing and thought I'd ask, do you two have any knowledge or preferences on the options? Do you want to try and reserve at the same place or do you not mind either way? My only preference is closer to the academy, though they all look really nice to my eyes... ?

I believe Kims is where i would like to go. However its in our best interest to all stick together for studying so im down to go whereever most our class is

I believe Kims is where i would like to go. However its in our best interest to all stick together for studying so im down to go whereever most our class is
I hear Kim's mentioned a lot on here—what's the main advantage you see in Kim's? I'm just curious.

Well its all private homes that are rented out to 2 students max, the whole community is mostly academy guys and gals and a stocked fridge. Not to mention its only a 10 min drive to the academy

I still haven't gotten any new info! Just a drug test in the morning. But yeah, can't be too long. I'm not sure what the EOD email contains, is it info on what to expect for the class?

And housing-wise, after looking at locations on a map, I might inquire first about availability at FAA Crashpads (and then whatever else is closest), just since it looks like most of the same benefits but much closer to class. My current car is just very crusty and I want to minimize driving time. (Though it'll probably break down during my time in Oklahoma anyway, haha)

I still haven't gotten any new info! Just a drug test in the morning. But yeah, can't be too long. I'm not sure what the EOD email contains, is it info on what to expect for the class?
It's just a lot of paperwork that has to be filled out within 5 days. It also has info about insurance and benefits.

I'm sure we'll get information about class a little closer to the start date.
And housing-wise, after looking at locations on a map, I might inquire first about availability at FAA Crashpads (and then whatever else is closest), just since it looks like most of the same benefits but much closer to class. My current car is just very crusty and I want to minimize driving time. (Though it'll probably break down during my time in Oklahoma anyway, haha)
Yeah I'm going to send Crashpads an email this morning.

Do you guys want to set up a GroupMe or Discord or something for this class? If you have another preferred platform that's fine too.

Crashpads has availability and I'm impressed with everything I've seen about their benefits and proximity. They're telling me they have grocery benefits (Instacart) just like I'm hearing about Kim's. I think I'm going to send in an application. Michaelayala, let us know what happens—it would be cool to all be at the same spot, but if not I'm sure we can still make study nights happen and things like that. Plus, our classmates who aren't on here will probably end up in a few different places.
Do you guys want to set up a GroupMe or Discord or something for this class? If you have another preferred platform that's fine too.
Sure, any platform that's worked for you. I'd be down.

Back
Top Bottom