2018 Busiest US Facilities

While some of Cam Newton’s suites are cool, his attitude sucks and he is still a dick at heart. This is most evidence where in the super bowl he wore gold plated cleats with “MVP” engraved in his shoes then refused to do interviews after the Broncos beat him. And yes, split up/downs like CLT and PHL should not be allowed to be a twelve.

While some of Cam Newton’s suites are cool, his attitude sucks and he is still a dick at heart. This is most evidence where in the super bowl he wore gold plated cleats with “MVP” engraved in his shoes then refused to do interviews after the Broncos beat him. And yes, split up/downs like CLT and PHL should not be allowed to be a twelve.

Well i think they are more* entitled to being a 12 then say.... the old A90 having MHT only controllers making 11 along with their BOS counterparts, etc. I am with CLT and PHL! Leave Britney alone!

p.s. Cam's wardrobe still way better than Russell Westbrook's!

hi-res-864435a4b99b08c882028cd8de9470fe_crop_north.jpg

Well i think they are more* entitled to being a 12 then say.... the old A90 having MHT only controllers making 11 along with their BOS counterparts, etc. I am with CLT and PHL! Leave Britney alone!

p.s. Cam's wardrobe still way better than Russell Westbrook's!

hi-res-864435a4b99b08c882028cd8de9470fe_crop_north.jpg
One roof one pay. I don’t like it and don’t see pay by area as a issue but both the agency and NATCA seem to hate it so I doubt we will ever see another consolidation like that again. At least A90 is trying to balance the workload out now but I hear they are having a tough time.

One roof one pay. I don’t like it and don’t see pay by area as a issue but both the agency and NATCA seem to hate it so I doubt we will ever see another consolidation like that again. At least A90 is trying to balance the workload out now but I hear they are having a tough time.
Why would NATCA want its members to make less money?
Some of our people are just so disappointing.

Why would NATCA want its members to make less money?
Some of our people are just so disappointing.

The typical “I’m not getting it, so no one should” attitude. Similar in my mind to the people who want to close the small facilities to staff the rest of the NAS better, taking away many peoples home town facilities and lowering the options we have to transfer to.

Looking at the Complexity Formula which determines pay level I don’t see Tracon size as an input factor. So how does absorbing a large slower Tracon have the potential to lower a facility level? I don’t understand how pay level is counted differently for a “consolidated Tracon”. Can anyone point me to that in the contract? Could be a big factor with the smaller level 5’s being absorbed by larger Tracons (DAY, RIC, CAK, Great Lakes, etc....) I don’t think it’s good for controllers nationwide is there is only the hub facilities at 10-12 and everyone else making their way to 5 or 6 after downgrades.

Anyone who is able to get more money for less work more power to them.
#PREACH More people on this thread should think like you

A. Cam has a GREAT attitude towards his teammates & coaches, which is all that really matters. The media can go screw themselves.
B. You are splitting hairs when it comes to 11 pay vs 12 pay. And to be real you should congratulate people on getting paid as much as they can. Not hating on them SMDH

Charlotte should be an 11 already, you can’t consider yourself an up down if half or more of your controllers only work the tower or TRACON. Same with Miami.

CLT is in for a rude awakening when they remove their crossing runway in two years and lose that complexity.

Yes, because MIA and CLT controllers should have to certify and maintain currency on 15 to 20 positions. GTFOH. I smell jealousy

Charlotte should be an 11 already, you can’t consider yourself an up down if half or more of your controllers only work the tower or TRACON. Same with Miami.

CLT is in for a rude awakening when they remove their crossing runway in two years and lose that complexity.
So you're a believer in paying center controllers in different areas different rates? Who cares how they split the workload up in their building. The Agency assigns an ATC level to each ATC facility, it's one facility.
At busier up/downs, I don't know why more facilities don't move to this type of model. This model would cut training programs in half, increase CPC numbers within facilities at a faster rate, and most likely improve facility's overall success rate. Shouldn't we be striving for improvements such as these? More CPCs and shorter training times equals more movement for controllers.

Yes, because MIA and CLT controllers should have to certify and maintain currency on 15 to 20 positions. GTFOH. I smell jealousy
Yet other facilities, A80, C90, D10, N90, etc do just that for the areas/lines they work and it seems to work just fine. I’m a big fan of up/downs. If we recombined ATL and A80, we’d have a better product for the users versus splitting the facilities. Memphis, Orlando, Salt Lake, etc are all other examples that the overall operations would be better and more understood if they recombined. It won’t happen now especially as the agency is going to the “super” TRACON model, but it’s fun to think of and imagine.

Yet other facilities, A80, C90, D10, N90, etc do just that for the areas/lines they work and it seems to work just fine. I’m a big fan of up/downs. If we recombined ATL and A80, we’d have a better product for the users versus splitting the facilities. Memphis, Orlando, Salt Lake, etc are all other examples that the overall operations would be better and more understood if they recombined. It won’t happen now especially as the agency is going to the “super” TRACON model, but it’s fun to think of and imagine.
It would help immensely here as well, since 3 people in the tower even know how radar works vs 3/4 of the TRACON have worked tower. It would definitely produce a better product for everyone involved.

EWR area has 17 positions including fd

Isn’t that a bit misleading though? Even if you had unlimited CPCs and opened every single position that actually talks to planes, wouldn’t that max out at like 8 positions at a time? I know you guys have to certify separately on ARD/NArr/Final in both flows, but do any other TRACONs count different flows as separate positions? When someone certifies on Final at C90, doesn't that just count as one position even though they're certified on all of the different flows? If they used that same logic, I think LGA would have like 30+ positions when you consider all their different config and climb possibilities.