2022 Contract and new executive order

Mc15

So what happens if trump gets re-elected and Natca can’t negotiate a deal to have us excluded from the executive orders? How will pay be effected?

So what happens if trump gets re-elected and Natca can’t negotiate a deal to have us excluded from the executive orders? How will pay be effected?
Sec. 3. Excepted Service. Appointments of individuals to positions of a confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating character that are not normally subject to change as a result of a Presidential transition shall be made under Schedule F of the excepted service, as established by section 4 of this order.

Would this actually apply to us at all?

Right, but how do they calculate the facilities in. I’m at an 8 and we service a gs 11 and a gs 12 facility and combined they wouldn’t make up level 4 traffic in the faa
There’s no such thing as gs-xx facilities. It’s a pay grade and not correlated (directly) to facility operations.

there is no direct comparison or conversion from the at -> gs pay scale.

Sec. 3. Excepted Service. Appointments of individuals to positions of a confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating character that are not normally subject to change as a result of a Presidential transition shall be made under Schedule F of the excepted service, as established by section 4 of this order.

Would this actually apply to us at all?
Not controllers directly, but people higher up the chain could become political appointees.

There’s no such thing as gs-xx facilities. It’s a pay grade and not correlated (directly) to facility operations.

Not controllers directly, but people higher up the chain could become political appointees.
So how would our pay be affected

So how would our pay be affected
Well if the government decides they no longer have to bargain with the workforce, they just kinda get to set your pay, working conditions and benefits as they see fit.

You tell me what you think is gonna happen with a bunch of anti labor folks running the show, particularly when more higher ups and policy makers become political appointees bound to do what the chief executive wants due to this most recent eo.

Strike version 2 and then Trump can pull a Reagan 2.0

i like how you think they’ll honor the contract for 2 more years

Thank you... Jesus... I have become weary of explaining it to people .

They probably could just rewrite the complexity formula in as a way of passively cutting our pay. Make every facility less complex and there aren’t upgrades and facilities start getting downgraded. Dump the natca raise. Get rid of D bands. There is a lot they can do to fuck us that isn’t just cutting pay.

Preface: I'm not voting for Trump.

Also, the world was scheduled to end in 2018 with Trump being elected in 2016. He had 3 branches and the status quo remains--- Save for Ncept.
Also, both candidates have various proposals to take more money away from us (see Biden 401K/IRA plan), one is just heavier than the other. Congrats though to all at you for your scorn of people who vote for candidates who aren't vested in keeping the rich rich.

Preface: I'm not voting for Trump.

Also, the world was scheduled to end in 2018 with Trump being elected in 2016. He had 3 branches and the status quo remains--- Save for Ncept.
Also, both candidates have various proposals to take more money away from us (see Biden 401K/IRA plan), one is just heavier than the other. Congrats though to all at you for your scorn of people who vote for candidates who aren't vested in keeping the rich rich.
What are you referring to with the 401k/IRA plan?

Currently contributions to a traditional 401(k) account are made with pre-tax dollars. This provides a tax break in that the value of your client’s contributions are excluded from their taxable income. While all employees who contribute derive at least some tax benefit from making pre-tax contributions, this benefit is skewed toward higher-income taxpayers. Based on our current tax rates, clients in the highest tax bracket, 37%, who contribute the full $19,500 to their 401(k) in 2020 would receive a tax benefit of $7,215. Someone in the 22% tax bracket would receive a tax break of $4,290, while someone in the 12% tax bracket who contributed the full amount would only receive a $2,340 tax break.

Biden’s Plan​

Biden’s plan takes a different approach to the take break for contributions. Under Biden’s plan, workers contributing to a traditional 401(k) account would receive a tax credit as a percentage of the amount contributed. The maximum credit amount would be 26% of the contribution amount. In the example above, someone contributing the full $19,500 would conceivably receive a tax credit of $5,070. This credit would be income-agnostic so to speak, in that everyone would receive the same credit amount regardless of their income.

As you of course know, a credit is a direct reduction in the amount of income tax due, versus a reduction in taxable income which is how the current pre-tax contributions work. While this is still valuable, it may be less valuable to those at higher income levels.

For the newbs to the agency, assuming Biden wins, what would be realistic changes to the next contract? Or is carryover of the old contract the goal?

For the newbs to the agency, assuming Biden wins, what would be realistic changes to the next contract? Or is carryover of the old contract the goal?
That would be up to the renegotiation team and it is way too early to speculate. Assuming that the Slate book will probably be the basis for a starting point on negotiation, with whatever modifications / changes they wish to make and collaborate on the Agency with.

That would be up to the renegotiation team and it is way too early to speculate. Assuming that the Slate book will probably be the basis for a starting point on negotiation, with whatever modifications / changes they wish to make and collaborate on the Agency with.
Never to early to speculate. You lifers have to have one or two ideas that you think will get pushed.

Never to early to speculate. You lifers have to have one or two ideas that you think will get pushed.
Let me rephrase, and this is my personal opinion, I think that team is meeting on occasion and collaborating but I could not even begin to speculate what changes they wish to carry through. Obviously the Slate book should be the starting point but I have not heard anything from my sources on the topics.

Currently contributions to a traditional 401(k) account are made with pre-tax dollars. This provides a tax break in that the value of your client’s contributions are excluded from their taxable income. While all employees who contribute derive at least some tax benefit from making pre-tax contributions, this benefit is skewed toward higher-income taxpayers. Based on our current tax rates, clients in the highest tax bracket, 37%, who contribute the full $19,500 to their 401(k) in 2020 would receive a tax benefit of $7,215. Someone in the 22% tax bracket would receive a tax break of $4,290, while someone in the 12% tax bracket who contributed the full amount would only receive a $2,340 tax break.

Biden’s Plan​

Biden’s plan takes a different approach to the take break for contributions. Under Biden’s plan, workers contributing to a traditional 401(k) account would receive a tax credit as a percentage of the amount contributed. The maximum credit amount would be 26% of the contribution amount. In the example above, someone contributing the full $19,500 would conceivably receive a tax credit of $5,070. This credit would be income-agnostic so to speak, in that everyone would receive the same credit amount regardless of their income.

As you of course know, a credit is a direct reduction in the amount of income tax due, versus a reduction in taxable income which is how the current pre-tax contributions work. While this is still valuable, it may be less valuable to those at higher income levels.
So this is better for everyone under people making 300k?

Back
Top Bottom