En Route 4/14/22 En Route Basics

Hey could you tell me how long until you got your FOL after receiving the initial TOL? I'm going on 8 months now after completing everything and still nothing. Maybe time to look for another job but still hopeful. Thanks for any info.

Hey could you tell me how long until you got your FOL after receiving the initial TOL? I'm going on 8 months now after completing everything and still nothing. Maybe time to look for another job but still hopeful. Thanks for any info.
It was around 9 or so months for me.

Received my TOL early July and CIL early August, finished up my CIL requirements by mid-September, and received notification of medical clearance mid-October. So roughly 8 months or so TOL to FOL. Stay positive, you’ll get your call soon!

Don't give up on this, it is a REALLY long process. Just like the other people in this chat are saying around 8/9 months. They are slowly rolling through a list of people who got cleared.

Have you guys figured out your living arrangements yet?
I'm debating between Kim's Place and one of the Anatole locations since I hear there are a lot of ATC New Hire students who stay there and it would be good for group studying to be around others. Not sure if I should start trying to make reservations now or wait until it's closer to the date.... Debating trying to contact my HR person and figuring out if I should or shouldn't

I’ll be there too!
Hey! I'll be joining you next month.
Excited to be seeing people replying to the thread! Where is everyone from and where are you thinking of maybe staying while in OKC? I'm from Michigan and I'm looking into Kim's Place and the Anatole. It'll be nice to try to be near people from the same class since we will all be on the same class schedule/material. :)

I start on 4/22, but I’ll be staying at the Residence Inn OKC Airport.
Residence Inn usually have a lot of ATC new hires? Haven't seen many people talking about that area. And have you already made reservations for it? Deciding on whether I should be calling now or wait a little bit for more information.

Residence Inn usually have a lot of ATC new hires? Haven't seen many people talking about that area. And have you already made reservations for it? Deciding on whether I should be calling now or wait a little bit for more information.
I’m told by former students that it’s a great place to stay. Someone comes occasionally to clean and empty trash and all that, plus you get free breakfast and full per diem, there are conference rooms for studying as a group, and you collect the hotel points for 3 months. The 2 big downsides are outside parking in a parking lot and a coin operated laundry. If you’re interested, this is the contact information for the hotel employee who sets things up for FAA students:
Cindy Farney
405-201-6697

I'm debating between Kim's Place and one of the Anatole locations since I hear there are a lot of ATC New Hire students who stay there and it would be good for group studying to be around others. Not sure if I should start trying to make reservations now or wait until it's closer to the date.... Debating trying to contact my HR person and figuring out if I should or shouldn't
I'm a few months ahead of you but I would start reaching out now, a lot of times they are fully booked and you could end up in a hotel for the first two weeks and then moving into where you actually want to be. Worst comes to worst and your reporting date changes you just let your housing provider know, they are very accommodating.

I’m told by former students that it’s a great place to stay. Someone comes occasionally to clean and empty trash and all that, plus you get free breakfast and full per diem, there are conference rooms for studying as a group, and you collect the hotel points for 3 months. The 2 big downsides are outside parking in a parking lot and a coin operated laundry. If you’re interested, this is the contact information for the hotel employee who sets things up for FAA students:
Cindy Farney
405-201-6697
Ehhhhh, I'd rather not have someone coming in as I'll be bringing my PC setup. Plus I just have trust issues as is with things like that lol. I think I'm gonna give a call and see. If you are able to explain, what do you mean by I get full per diem?
I'm a few months ahead of you but I would start reaching out now, a lot of times they are fully booked and you could end up in a hotel for the first two weeks and then moving into where you actually want to be. Worst comes to worst and your reporting date changes you just let your housing provider know, they are very accommodating.
Appreciated for the input, guess I've got some calls to make as soon as I can!

Don't give up on this, it is a REALLY long process. Just like the other people in this chat are saying around 8/9 months. They are slowly rolling through a list of people who got cleared.

Excited to be seeing people replying to the thread! Where is everyone from and where are you thinking of maybe staying while in OKC? I'm from Michigan and I'm looking into Kim's Place and the Anatole. It'll be nice to try to be near people from the same class since we will all be on the same class schedule/material. :)

I will be coming from the Phoenix area and I am split between the Residence Inn and Anatole right now.

Decided to call Residence Inn for anyone else who is still looking into places. The organizer Cindy was saying that OKC Airport may be pretty booked out, and she tries to keep classes together if she can. She'll be giving me a call back pretty soon hopefully with more information on which spot I would be located at if I were to make the reservations. It's kind of nice that there is a specific handler for the FAA hires, kind of the big reason that I called them. I want this process as seamless as possible lol. If anyone is looking into places maybe take a look there first.

I’m all booked for my class dates. Sounds like there are only a few spots left for the Residence Inn OKC.
Yeahhhhh, looking like it. Hopefully I slip in real quick, or at least get one of the other areas that's under them. Cindy said one of them was under renovation and there "may be" a shower???? Not sure the wording on that, but she seemed a bit stressed so I wasn't about to ask too many questions lol. Just gonna wait for her call back :)

Yeahhhhh, looking like it. Hopefully I slip in real quick, or at least get one of the other areas that's under them. Cindy said one of them was under renovation and there "may be" a shower???? Not sure the wording on that, but she seemed a bit stressed so I wasn't about to ask too many questions lol. Just gonna wait for her call back :)
I just talked to Cindy. She said there was no availability for the Residence Inn so she offered the TownePlace Suites.

Back
Top Bottom