En Route 5/14/18 EnRoute Basics

I’m an Enroute OTS, just started this thread hoping others will say where they are thinking about living so we can get together and study to get through this thing. Graduating college 2 days prior to class starting, maybe others are in the same boat.

I got a room for 50/ night. And I plan on saving a little on food since they have free breakfast/dinners as well.

Hey guys,

You don’t actually get to keep the per diem money when it comes to lodging. The FAA pays for your housing as long as you choose from the list they provide. You do get the food per diem in cash form though. So once a month you get roughly $1,000 all at once then paid every 2 weeks from being in training.
It truly doesn’t matter if your hotel is $50 a night, you can’t keep the remaining $40. Hope this helps.
Not even remotely true.

What do you mean? What’s correct then? I booked isola Bella too.
Academy

The 2017 rate was $58.20/day for lodging, and $37.40/day for meals & incidentals, for a total of $95.60/day.

If it's still being offered, do not have the FAA pay for your housing. You pay for it, then submit for reimbursement. You'll receive the entirety of the per diem (assuming you don't live within ~50 miles of OKC currently).
EX. You stay somewhere for $500 a month (~$16.67 a day), you will still receive $58.20 per day in lodging per diem when you submit for reimbursement.

I banked 4-5k in per diem alone when I was out there.

Hey guys,

You don’t actually get to keep the per diem money when it comes to lodging. The FAA pays for your housing as long as you choose from the list they provide. You do get the food per diem in cash form though. So once a month you get roughly $1,000 all at once then paid every 2 weeks from being in training.
It truly doesn’t matter if your hotel is $50 a night, you can’t keep the remaining $40. Hope this helps.
Not even remotely true.

What do you mean? What’s correct then? I booked isola Bella too.
Kind of embarrassing to admit but check your room very well at IB. I was there for less than 2 weeks and moved to Anatole. Had a few bites on my body, got more of them as nights went on. Ended up throwing away my suitcase.

I'm moving at the end of April so I'm hoping for either the 7th of May or this class. Finished medical last week and I've been granted my conditional clearance. Assuming my medical is good to go just wanting on that phone call.

I was thinking IB for a while until I read some really negative things about it. Kim's seems like the place to be unless I'm missing something haha
I heard you can’t bring your fam or wife or whatever to Kim’s. But I’m taking my wife to IB and she’s getting free food and everything too.

Back
Top Bottom