En Route 7/26 En Route Basics

Derweissehase

I just received my email this morning offering this class date. I accepted and the POC informed she is currently working on the FOL.

I'm think there are isn't a Facebook group for this academy date yet. I'm planning on staying at Kim's. PM once you get this date so we can make a group.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat you are; offered this date today and waiting on FOL. HMU when you have that fb group going. I'm likely staying at Kim's as well.

Hey!! I got this class date as well!! Just waiting on the FOL. I'm thinking either Kim's or Anotole depending on whats available ect....

Let me know, either I can make a facebook or send me an invite. I'd prefer it be private since Im not broadcasting to anyone home about this yet.

Hey!! I got this class date as well!! Just waiting on the FOL. I'm thinking either Kim's or Anotole depending on whats available ect....

Let me know, either I can make a facebook or send me an invite. I'd prefer it be private since Im not broadcasting to anyone home about this yet.

Below is the link, I've made the group. However, it's only public for people to search the name but they cannot see anything.

It's close to the academy, got a shuttle route, close to a WalMart and Sam's Club so I could probably walk over and grab stuff. It's literally impossible for me to drive there and I don't plan on buying a vehicle for just the 4 months.

I am also leaning towards Anatole. Depends on if anyone is interested, but leasing a 2 bed on our own would save a lot of money over the corporate rate. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will be driving out there, so ill have my car.

Does Anatole come furnished? That's the only reason I'm leaning toward Kim's Place right now.
Depends on how you do it. You can book through FAARooms for example and it will come furnished (1 Bedroom apartment), but takes the whole per diam (about 1700). If you Lease straight through Anatole, you can get a 2 bedroom apt. for about 1200ish/ 2 people... but no furniture + utilities, maybe around 700$ a person.

I've been doing this damn math for like 3 days straight now trying to figure it out haha. The easiest way is with Kims or Anatole or another that comes pre-furnished and set up for us, but comes at a cost. If I, and maybe a room mate, can put in slightly more effort we could save a ton. I think the study groups really comes down to our work ethic and cohesiveness as a class.

I have been looking into it a bit and I know Kim's place isn't the cheapest but i feel like it's the cheapest easy option. I won't be able to bring any kind of furniture whatsoever so a place not being furnished is a deal breaker for me. Kim's is only roughly $1100 per month, utilities included, and it's fully furnished. Only downsides I see are if nobody else picks Kim's place I'll have to drive to study groups (not a big deal since I have a car and wtf else do I have going on?) and not getting to pick your roommates. But, to be fair, I dont know any of you guys anyway haha

I have been looking into it a bit and I know Kim's place isn't the cheapest but i feel like it's the cheapest easy option. I won't be able to bring any kind of furniture whatsoever so a place not being furnished is a deal breaker for me. Kim's is only roughly $1100 per month, utilities included, and it's fully furnished. Only downsides I see are if nobody else picks Kim's place I'll have to drive to study groups (not a big deal since I have a car and wtf else do I have going on?) and not getting to pick your roommates. But, to be fair, I dont know any of you guys anyway haha
Hi, I'm Sean... haha

Very true, I see kims $39 rate as the cheapest easy option as well... I have read that she can try and group us together at least for those in the same class at request, usually not co-ed though I believe. I am not huge on not knowing my room mates, with some of the "party" stories floating around I really would not want to get unlucky and stuck with that. It really comes down to convenience vs savings. I mean we are also getting paid to be there so....

I just figure a 2bed at anatole with room mate is saving maybe $500/month over kims. Temporary furniture makes a small dent into that, but not a ton. It's also closer to Academy as well. But is is apartment vs house(duplex).

Seriously, depending on what day you ask me I am going to sway in different directions. Once we get there though, nothing but focus on passing the class.

Hello all, I have also been assigned this class date. I have decided to rent an apartment at Waters Edge (near Anatole) to save some money. Anatole is already booked for our dates, unless you go the furnished route for the full per diem.

Hello all, I have also been assigned this class date. I have decided to rent an apartment at Waters Edge (near Anatole) to save some money. Anatole is already booked for our dates, unless you go the furnished route for the full per diem.
Congrats and welcome!! Message one of us for the facebook group if you have not already!!

How did you find that out for Anatole?? I'm showing 9 units available for our class dates still. Also how was the waters edge process and how does it look?

Congrats and welcome!! Message one of us for the facebook group if you have not already!!

How did you find that out for Anatole?? I'm showing 9 units available for our class dates still. Also how was the waters edge process and how does it look?

Thanks!! I’ll message you now for the FB.

I called to start the leasing process for Anatole and they said they don’t have any units available for 26 July - 28 November, but they did say they had some of the furnished ones through FAA Rooms (which charge the full $57-58/night).

Waters Edge was pretty simple, I called to make sure they would do a four month lease and then did the application online. Had to pay like $200 total in deposit and application fee. The short term lease is just an extra $50/month from their published prices. They have a couple more units available for our dates, I think. Total is coming out to about $700/month plus utilities and internet. I’m buying some cheap furniture on Amazon and will have it delivered there.

Thanks!! I’ll message you now for the FB.

I called to start the leasing process for Anatole and they said they don’t have any units available for 26 July - 28 November, but they did say they had some of the furnished ones through FAA Rooms (which charge the full $57-58/night).

Waters Edge was pretty simple, I called to make sure they would do a four month lease and then did the application online. Had to pay like $200 total in deposit and application fee. The short term lease is just an extra $50/month from their published prices. They have a couple more units available for our dates, I think. Total is coming out to about $700/month plus utilities and internet. I’m buying some cheap furniture on Amazon and will have it delivered there.

Interesting, when I called they said they had multiple units available, But I also never mentioned FAA or why I was going. I will have to check out Waters Edge!

I find that interesting as well because I e-mailed FAA rooms and was told they're full. Perhaps because I asked for a couple days prior to the 26th. I'm beginning to consider Kim's.

Who/Where did you contact for Anatole?

Back
Top Bottom