A80/LAX special panel

I don't know yet. Our local sent out an email at 7:30 AM with that number on it.
Either:
A- Not everyone submitted their paperwork correctly
B- People whom expressed interest didn't submit their paperwork at all
C- HR only sent over the CAT 1 and CAT 2 names

I missed the deadline, I really wanted to get to a new facility but it’s tougher for me to convince my wife and kids to uproot to a place sight unseen. I hope there is are still opportunities in the future after we get a chance to check out the facility and the area first. Hopefully people understand what they are getting into and not just bidding on a Level 12 Tracon just to get out of their facilities. A80 seems like it requires top level controllers. Nothing worse than moving across country just to be sent back to your old facility and wasting your time.

So. While we all twiddle our thumbs til selections... Anyone have any insight to if A80/Lax (or any facility w an MOU for that matter) is capped at only selecting up to the natl avg... Or, as they seem to be exempt from almost every other aspectof the ncept, can they select up to CPC target?

No. It'll be done based on peoples stature in the network of boys who are both old and good.
Well whomever is from a facility, that starts with a B and is a level 5 facility, got their sup to write them a letter saying they'd be a great asset transferring from a level 5. I'm sure they would... So people are trying the good ole boy network. Best of luck to those trying, but it isn't going to help them, at this moment.

Last edited:
So. While we all twiddle our thumbs til selections... Anyone have any insight to if A80/Lax (or any facility w an MOU for that matter) is capped at only selecting up to the natl avg... Or, as they seem to be exempt from almost every other aspectof the ncept, can they select up to CPC target?
From hearing the ATM claim we are selecting 30, I'd assume that means up to 100% CPC target.

Well whomever is from a facility, that starts with a B and is a level 5 facility, got their sup to write them a letter saying they'd be a great asset transferring from a level 5. I'm sure they would... So people are trying the good ole boy network. Best of luck to those trying, but it isn't going to help them, at this moment.
The facility starts with a "B" or the person from that facility starts with a "B"?

The facility starts with a "B" or the person from that facility starts with a "B"?
The facility starts with a B. The sup note won't go far, especially sitting on the fac rep's desk, but it was a good effort. Might as well try to get your name out there. It can't hurt.

Haha, I know you're most likely joking but that is NOT an example of the good old boy network at play.

Haha, I know you're most likely joking but that is NOT an example of the good old boy network at play.
Just sounds like networking and trying to overcome a negative perception based on facility level. I reached out to the facilities I applied to but I'm definitely not in the good old boy system.

Last edited:
Just sounds like networking and trying to overcome a negative perception based on facility level. I reached out to the facilities I applied to but I'm definitely in the good old boy system.

Who can blame him/her? I feel like a broken record here but again, the facility level a person is at does not determine ability.

So there should be selections today ? How soon would we find out yes or no? And has anyone found out if it'll be posted on KSN?

So there should be selections today ? How soon would we find out yes or no? And has anyone found out if it'll be posted on KSN?

Yes, the selection panel is today. At the very latest, TOLs will be out by 10/17. No one knows if the list will be posted since this is a special panel. If the list IS posted, it would be online either today or tomorrow. Hence why I’ve visited the Natca site and these message boards about ten times already today looking for an update, lol. (I’m on my RDOs so I can’t check KSN myself).

Yes, the selection panel is today. At the very latest, TOLs will be out by 10/17. No one knows if the list will be posted since this is a special panel. If the list IS posted, it would be online either today or tomorrow. Hence why I’ve visited the Natca site and these message boards about ten times already today looking for an update, lol. (I’m on my RDOs so I can’t check KSN myself).
How did you figure 10/17?

Back
Top Bottom