Medical Abnormal EKG

Grollo

I got a helpful answer on the other forum but, I wanted to post here to and see if anyone had experience with this. I had an "abnormal EKG" and have to get a CVE. I found out what a CVE was and found a doctor to do it tomorrow at 11am. They give no indication of what it is or what doctors to call or anything. Just "do it on your own dime and you are cleared". MED POC said if I send it I am cleared and HR POC said she gets the Med stuff I get a class date. Has anyone had to do a CVE. Did you go to a random doctor? What was your experience?

Just a heads up for anyone who runs into this. Medical said if I can get a normal EKG I’m good to go. Otherwise I would need an evaluation. Still no answer on what an “evaluation” is but! Taking another ekg on my dime today. So worth it if it’s normal.

I had this same issue a long time ago during the hiring process for law enforcement. So not a perfect parallel but might be worth sharing the information.
Pre employment EKG was abnormal so I had to go see a cardiologist at my own expense and it was inconvenient but painless. Cardiologist did a basic examination and another EKG and said no big deal. The results were the same but considered a 'normal variant' for my age and body type at the time. In my opinion there was a stress on the 'no big deal' part. Seems like maybe that medical screen had a limited scope on 'normal' and there's a bit wider net for 'normal' in the field in general.
Did not have this issue for ATC medical.

Got the same anomalies doc said no big but he wants to do a stress test. Doing it in 20min. He said if it’s clear he will write me a clean bill of health. So close!!!!

I had this same issue a long time ago during the hiring process for law enforcement. So not a perfect parallel but might be worth sharing the information.
Pre employment EKG was abnormal so I had to go see a cardiologist at my own expense and it was inconvenient but painless. Cardiologist did a basic examination and another EKG and said no big deal. The results were the same but considered a 'normal variant' for my age and body type at the time. In my opinion there was a stress on the 'no big deal' part. Seems like maybe that medical screen had a limited scope on 'normal' and there's a bit wider net for 'normal' in the field in general.
Did not have this issue for ATC medical.
Early repolarization?

I think that is what he called it. Basically the EKG wasn’t showing my heart “recharging” on the down beat. Took the stress test...it spat out 4 perfect EKGs and the ultrasound showed a perfect heart. Doctor is writing up a dissertation this morning. It’s just crazy how off those machines can be.

I had an abnormal EKG, had to go see a cardiologist on my dime took exam and another ekg. No abnormality found and first abnormality explained. Got my class date taking my final pa today.

I had an abnormal EKG, had to go see a cardiologist on my dime took exam and another ekg. No abnormality found and first abnormality explained. Got my class date taking my final pa today.
Did the flight surgeon have to look over your packet again or were you cleared pretty quickly? My HR rep said I have a class date as soon as she gets my Med.

Just a heads up. I got my stress test sent in. Med received it and the flight surgeon does have to look it over again. However, I should be good. Make sure your Med POC tells you they sent it to the flight surgeon. I’m guessing it will probably take a week for review like my first medical did. If anyone has questions about what it takes to get a Med issue straight let me know. Thanks to everyone who helped me.

I just got informed of my abnormal EKG and medical wants another one done. Had multiple EKGs done since and they all say abnormal. Should I let them know or wait until after I’ve seen a cardiologist?

I just got informed of my abnormal EKG and medical wants another one done. Had multiple EKGs done since and they all say abnormal. Should I let them know or wait until after I’ve seen a cardiologist?
I had an abnormal EKG. Flight surgeon told Me I had to get another one on my own dime. The new one also showed a minor abnormality, however I sent it to the flight surgeon anyway. I was cleared a few months later without having to see a cardiologist.

Get a cardiologist to do a stress test and get him to write up a dissertation on it. It got me cleared and I just graduated the academy.

Back
Top Bottom