American Airlines Union sues to stop flights to China (UPDATE: Flights Suspended)

P

PushingTin

This is interesting. I think the Allied Pilots Association has a lot of balls. More than some others perhaps..... and Good for them! I wonder what chance they have to actually prevail and get the restraining order issue. $$$ will probably win out.

I assume there will be virus on all the nasty keyboards, trackballs, consoles, etc. in USA ATC facilities soon. And people coughing all over the place refusing to sake SL. ? ✈️ ?

AALUNION.png

AALVIRUS.png

It probably has to do with the AAL pilots fighting for a better contract right now too

I hate this, these pilots have a job where others depend on them, they are safe in their cockpits they need to shut up and do their job. The impact of the virus has been dramatically overstated by the media and pushed by fear mongers. Do you know the death rate from this is something like 3% and the youngest person who died form it was 38 last I heard? By becoming a pilot you sign up for a job and accept some risk and the public depends on you. It's like some of these female cat controllers who cry for Article 19 hazardous weather leave every time it snows.

The flu killed 5000 Americans, including 52 infants, in the first 2 weeks of this year.

I hate this, these pilots have a job where others depend on them, they are safe in their cockpits they need to shut up and do their job. The impact of the virus has been dramatically overstated by the media and pushed by fear mongers. Do you know the death rate from this is something like 3% and the youngest person who died form it was 38 last I heard? By becoming a pilot you sign up for a job and accept some risk and the public depends on you. It's like some of these female cat controllers who cry for Article 19 hazardous weather leave every time it snows.

Can we set up some sort of profile-badging system for the managers on this site?

Except that when they land they actually need to rest, eat, and sleep there. Oh the irony. You have a job where others depend on you. You are safe in your cab so just shut up and do your job at the location you have been assigned and stop complaining about NCEPT, nepotism, country clubs, NATCA, or any of the other 100 things you complain about.

I see what you're trying to do there but the problem with that is the way the virus can spread during incubation most of the cases discovered at this point were already going to happen before counter measures were put into place. We'll see I guess.

This first sentence is the dumbest first sentence I've seen this year. But he's right this virus is less deadly than the flu and the hysteria is rubber bullshit spit out by our disgusting cable news model. Yay money.

You have a job where others depend on you. You are safe in your cab so just shut up and do your job at the location you have been assigned and stop complaining about NCEPT, nepotism, country clubs, NATCA, or any of the other 100 things you complain about.

The pilots Union is doing a brave and courageous thing for their members. That's a good thing not a bad thing. No one is talking about those other ATC scams in this thread but you. That said... Flying for AAL is clearly not a country club! They must treat them like meat. Fly into the heart of darkness and stfu I guess

The pilots Union is doing a brave and courageous thing for their members. That's a good thing not a bad thing. No one is talking about those other ATC scams in this thread but you. That said... Flying for AAL is clearly not a country club! They must treat them like meat. Fly into the heart of darkness and stfu I guess

It’s unfortunate that you cannot see the hypocrisy.

This first sentence is the dumbest first sentence I've seen this year. But he's right this virus is less deadly than the flu and the hysteria is rubber bullshit spit out by our disgusting cable news model. Yay money.

the flu has a .02% mortality rate. CV is currently at 2%. You can’t compare just total number of deaths because of the difference in number of people infected. Is the current hysteria called for? Probably not yet. But I doubt the WHO is declaring it an emergency for cable news ratings.

As for AAL, they’re also in the middle of heated contract negotiations and this would put some more pressure on management. Plus if I was a pilot I don’t think I’d want to be flying to China, well ever, but def not now.

the flu has a .02% mortality rate. CV is currently at 2%. You can’t compare just total number of deaths because of the difference in number of people infected. Is the current hysteria called for? Probably not yet. But I doubt the WHO is declaring it an emergency for cable news ratings.

As for AAL, they’re also in the middle of heated contract negotiations and this would put some more pressure on management. Plus if I was a pilot I don’t think I’d want to be flying to China, well ever, but def not now.
I read different numbers on influenza so I'll retract my statement. Stand by the critique of the bullshit take on the pilot's union. Also pretty sure I hate pilots more than most.
Sars was 11% and Mers is 35%.

Last edited:
I mean the point is stop it before it becomes a huge problem, not wait til it’s a problem and then try to figure something out. Haven’t any of y’all played Plague, Inc?