April 2018

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. There is always a chance that they pick up some terminal people. And good luck to you @Mc15. I hope it works out for you.

That's exactly how I'm approaching this. Everyone here, for the last week or so, has been messing with me and saying congrats on being picked up or some version of that. I keep stressing that nothing is guaranteed and to stop jinxing it hahaha.

That's exactly how I'm approaching this. Everyone here, for the last week or so, has been messing with me and saying congrats on being picked up or some version of that. I keep stressing that nothing is guaranteed and to stop jinxing it hahaha.
It’s the opposite here. I’m the villain yet haven’t been picked up yet

It’s the opposite here. I’m the villain yet haven’t been picked up yet

For the most part everyone is cool and supportive of each other here. They just like busting some balls. The few salty people here are the old timers that homesteaded and get butt hurt that everyone wants to leave. My main argument to them is that while it's nice here, they are making 40K more than anyone thats new here since the facility recat that happened years ago. Unless they want to pay me more I'm going to go out and chase that money.

Where are you from and where are you trying to go?
The way I look at it is that unless you are putting in for N90, nothing is guaranteed. Haha

Where are you from and where are you trying to go?
The way I look at it is that unless you are putting in for N90, nothing is guaranteed. Haha

From NJ (both mine and the fiance's family are still there) until I came to TYS. Have in for 4 facilities with EWR being the only one eligible to select anybody.

For the most part everyone is cool and supportive of each other hear. They just like busting some balls. The few salty people here are the old timers that homesteaded and get butt hurt that everyone wants to leave. My main argument to them is that while it's nice here, they are making 40K more than anyone thats new here since the facility recat that happened years ago. Unless they want to pay me more I'm going to go out and chase that money.
I’m at a really small facility. First time we can release someone in 3 years. Everyone wants to leave but each had 2-3 places they want. I put in for a lot to maximize my chances/career progression. Now I’m the bad guy Bc They have been here longer

From what I’ve heard is ZJX had 9 center ERRs and were ranked 1-9. So unless some of those people get picked up at other facilities or people from there facility get picked up to where they can’t leave it doesn’t look like any terminal people have much of a chance this round.

From what I’ve heard is ZJX had 9 center ERRs and were ranked 1-9. So unless some of those people get picked up at other facilities or people from there facility get picked up to where they can’t leave it doesn’t look like any terminal people have much of a chance this round.
How did you get that information, and thanks for sharing

I know they can see the list but I didn't know they could see what the rankings were
It's all intertwined. Some managers rank and submit the first day its available. It's all visible if you have access to the list. With a little sense, it's not difficult to figure out who will fall to you.

I’m at a really small facility. First time we can release someone in 3 years. Everyone wants to leave but each had 2-3 places they want. I put in for a lot to maximize my chances/career progression. Now I’m the bad guy Bc They have been here longer
I hate to see coworkers pitted against each other for a chance at career progression where every person's good fortune is someone else's loss. I hope you guys are holding your union accountable

How did you get that information, and thanks for sharing
I talked to the union rep and he said 8 center ERRs and that they were weighted very high for having center experience. But he didn't say any real order, so there is always a chance for you.

I hate to see coworkers pitted against each other for a chance at career progression where every person's good fortune is someone else's loss. I hope you guys are holding your union accountable
What about the accountability for people being forced to work six day work weeks? The intention of this policy are good whether or not it is personally good for everyone.

No personal attacks
The system is in no way great with the low staffing we have. But apparently you weren’t in when it was FAA ATM discretion and they were holding people at 3 year release dates with full staffing and facilities would pass that person up to get someone else sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the accountability for people being forced to work six day work weeks? The intention of this policy are good whether or not it is personally good for everyone.
Intention was good, it just had way too many glaring holes and problems for the first 1.5 years that have just this year been getting straightened out. And most changes to the process have been introduced with no notice.

Back
Top Bottom