AT-SA Help!

Jmann

I still have to take the AT-SA. I’ve seen other forums on here that explain what is on the test but I haven’t seen anyone share any links to practice tests. Are there any tips or tricks to passing?

I still have to take the AT-SA. I’ve seen other forums on here that explain what is on the test but I haven’t seen anyone share any links to practice tests. Are there any tips or tricks to passing?
For the section where you have to keep the dots (planes) from colliding.....there will be multiple choice that involves multiplying 2 digit numbers, sounds intimidating, but it's easy:

For example,

26 x 78 = 2,028

Your answer choices will all be around 2,000....so you have to be more precise. All you have to do is multiply the last 2 digits together to figure out what the last digit of the answer will be.

Going back to the example,

26 x 78 = 2,028

if you multiply 6 x 8 you get 48. The 8 is the last digit in the answer (2,028)

Your main goal is to keep the dots from colliding, always always always prevent that from happening, but this is a quick way to get some extra points on that section. Rest of the test is really simple, don't stress over it.

For the section where you have to keep the dots (planes) from colliding.....there will be multiple choice that involves multiplying 2 digit numbers, sounds intimidating, but it's easy:

For example,

26 x 78 = 2,028

Your answer choices will all be around 2,000....so you have to be more precise. All you have to do is multiply the last 2 digits together to figure out what the last digit of the answer will be.

26 x 78 = 2,028

Your main goal is to keep the dots from colliding, always always always prevent that from happening, but this is a quick way to get some extra points on that section. Rest of the test is really simple, don't stress over it.

While this works for the prep software, the real ATSA doesn’t make it that easy. They do decimals, division, etc. don’t get too hyped up on it. Try to work the most on separation. The test is designed to make you prioritize....correctly.

ATCPrep is really great, but there are some discrepancies between the ATSA and their prep, from what I heard. I actually like jobtestpreps ATSA prep. They just came out with a new ATC simulator and they also have word problems, reading, and personality preparation. They are a bit pricy, though...

While this works for the prep software, the real ATSA doesn’t make it that easy. They do decimals, division, etc. don’t get too hyped up on it. Try to work the most on separation. The test is designed to make you prioritize....correctly.

yea this is very true. The math questions on the actual ATSA are super difficult, plus let’s not forget that you only have about 3 seconds to answer them while also trying to prevent the dots from colliding.

I believe I got damn near a 100% on every other section except this one. On this section I swear I probably got like a 15%

yea this is very true. The math questions on the actual ATSA are super difficult, plus let’s not forget that you only have about 3 seconds to answer them while also trying to prevent the dots from colliding.

I believe I got damn near a 100% on every other section except this one. On this section I swear I probably got like a 15%

Have you got your results back yet? I've been using the prep software as well, that math portion is difficult!

For example,

26 x 78 = 2,028

26 x 78 = 2,028

I was able to use this trick for atcprep.com, but on the actual atsa, multiple answer choices all end with the same digit.

This is the section that made me think, 'Oh well, at least I tried' when I was walking to the parking lot

I was pretty shocked when I got the email saying I was BQ

This is the section that made me think, 'Oh well, at least I tried' when I was walking to the parking lot

I was pretty shocked when I got the email saying I was BQ

Same here. At certain points it's inevitable to miss a dot or two. I think they just want to see that you have the aptitude to not tank when that happens.

Felt like I didn't do great with the reading and comprehension portion but was placed in BQ as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom