C90 Bid - AGL-AT-22-0073-76612

Sadly, you won't be selected on this next selection. ATM pulled a list just before the new year.

However, he plans on making another selection this spring. So, don't fret. There is a light at the end of the tunnel
They’ve been reaching out on both sides. Why bother if they’re not planning to select again soon

That is not a hard rule currently. Apply, come visit, start a little dialogue with our natca rep. If they believe you really want to be here you may get a shot. I think it all depends on who else is applying. I came from a 7 up down and I-would take a level 7 up down person over another person from NORCAL or a center, but I’m not calling the shots.
Luckily for you there are not many people from other high level facilities that want to come here. Way easier to earn level 12 pay at Denver or many Z’s, and way way easier to earn 11 pay at any number of places that do %20 the ops as we do.
Love this advice. I appreciate the info.

Healthy wave of trainees has come in so I think they might be spreading out the next pull from the bid so there isn’t a crazy bottleneck getting into the labs. Used to be you were on mandatory 6 day work weeks as soon as you got flight data. There’s so many new people that they’ve done away with the data overtime. (Also, a lot of new supervisors showing up that take up spots in the lab as well)

Healthy wave of trainees has come in so I think they might be spreading out the next pull from the bid so there isn’t a crazy bottleneck getting into the labs. Used to be you were on mandatory 6 day work weeks as soon as you got flight data. There’s so many new people that they’ve done away with the data overtime. (Also, a lot of new supervisors showing up that take up spots in the lab as well)
What's it seem like the wait is to start training for new arrivals?

Seems like things kinda stalled. Any chatter?
Hey guy!!! Things are going full tilt. Currently at 72 CPCs not counting MDQs and 26 people in training, 20 of which have been in the last year. Our full staffing number is 100 but we have been authorized to pick up more than that. We have more inbounds this summer and are planning to continue picking people up once our initial group of people that were selected by our new management team gets through the lab. (think fall arrival dates) Instead of big groups, we will probably pick up 1-2 a month in the future to keep the steady stream of people entering training.

If I'm being honest, the lab did get backed up with the initial influx of employees. We had so few trainees previously, they never hired RPOs. Our current batch of trainees in the lab have waited between 2-4 months since returning from TSEW for lab. Some of the arrival trainees have waited a bit longer for arrival labs as part of the "waterfall" training plan is to help supplement the side wall staffing with half-roomers. The idea is that arrival training doesn't get interrupted when we go to monitored approaches. We are basically at that point now, so things should get moving. Also, the RPO staffing has improved and is continuing improve. We have gone from running 8 labs a day in February to 15 this month.

In other big news, we have gotten new quiet room chairs, a popcorn machine, more blankets, another one of the hockey teams won the championship and our CIC and supervisor numbers have improved. Boat club season is upon us and its gonna be epic. Additionally, management relations are completely different than a couple years ago and I actually enjoy going to work (most of the time..)

We also recently had a visit from the collaborative assessment team and one thing in particular stood out to me.... When they visited in 2019 the overall rating that employees gave C90 was 2.5. This time it was 6.5. There is still room for improvement for sure. We are still working 6 day weeks, but things are "trending up" and I have projected that we will be in a much healthier place in a few short years if we stay on this trajectory and traffic doesn't explode in the next year.

The last time I went over two was in 2021.... This place is going to be a country club in no time.... #CCC90

Hey guy!!! Things are going full tilt. Currently at 72 CPCs not counting MDQs and 26 people in training, 20 of which have been in the last year. Our full staffing number is 100 but we have been authorized to pick up more than that. We have more inbounds this summer and are planning to continue picking people up once our initial group of people that were selected by our new management team gets through the lab. (think fall arrival dates) Instead of big groups, we will probably pick up 1-2 a month in the future to keep the steady stream of people entering training.

If I'm being honest, the lab did get backed up with the initial influx of employees. We had so few trainees previously, they never hired RPOs. Our current batch of trainees in the lab have waited between 2-4 months since returning from TSEW for lab. Some of the arrival trainees have waited a bit longer for arrival labs as part of the "waterfall" training plan is to help supplement the side wall staffing with half-roomers. The idea is that arrival training doesn't get interrupted when we go to monitored approaches. We are basically at that point now, so things should get moving. Also, the RPO staffing has improved and is continuing improve. We have gone from running 8 labs a day in February to 15 this month.

In other big news, we have gotten new quiet room chairs, a popcorn machine, more blankets, another one of the hockey teams won the championship and our CIC and supervisor numbers have improved. Boat club season is upon us and its gonna be epic. Additionally, management relations are completely different than a couple years ago and I actually enjoy going to work (most of the time..)

We also recently had a visit from the collaborative assessment team and one thing in particular stood out to me.... When they visited in 2019 the overall rating that employees gave C90 was 2.5. This time it was 6.5. There is still room for improvement for sure. We are still working 6 day weeks, but things are "trending up" and I have projected that we will be in a much healthier place in a few short years if we stay on this trajectory and traffic doesn't explode in the next year.

The last time I went over two was in 2021.... This place is going to be a country club in no time.... #CCC90

Just curious - what does it take to check out at C90? Do you need to be able to work both ORD and MDW departures and arrivals?

Just curious - what does it take to check out at C90? Do you need to be able to work both ORD and MDW departures and arrivals?
Based off what I remember from touring 4 years ago, there's 3 walls. Everyone works ORD arrivals. The other walls are each like 3 or 4 scopes I think. One side is MDW and South Sats. Other side is ORD departures and North sats. They assign you one of those walls plus the ORD arrival wall. I'm sure one of these guys will chime in if I'm wrong.

Based off what I remember from touring 4 years ago, there's 3 walls. Everyone works ORD arrivals. The other walls are each like 3 or 4 scopes I think. One side is MDW and South Sats. Other side is ORD departures and North sats. They assign you one of those walls plus the ORD arrival wall. I'm sure one of these guys will chime in if I'm wrong.
I’ve toured fairly recently and if I remember correctly, you’re right.

Did you apply to C90 and haven’t been picked up yet? Or are you somewhere else after your tour? 4 years of interest is a long time. If this is the time frame I’m working with I’ve got to start looking elsewhere.

I’ve toured fairly recently and if I remember correctly, you’re right.

Did you apply to C90 and haven’t been picked up yet? Or are you somewhere else after your tour? 4 years of interest is a long time. If this is the time frame I’m working with I’ve got to start looking elsewhere.
They didn't want my low level experience 4 years ago and I doubt they want it now. I wanted a shot but have since moved on to somewhere I'd much rather be. It all depends on the experience you have but it sounds like their giving level 7 radar guys a shot and I think somewhere in this thread is mention of a level 5 guy getting selected too. I'm sure networking and really making your interest known goes a long way but if you only have tower experience, probably best to explore other options.

Back
Top Bottom