Career Progression

Solution
I don’t think NATCA can actually DO anything related to the hiring process or progression of career. Facility staffing may stop you from moving “up” though.
Can NATCA deny someone from leaving their facility for a supervisor job?
No.
The National Release Policy MOU does apply to every BUE for any position in the ATO. So if you’re facility is red your selection for OS(or any position) will be denied unless a deviation is approved by the VP ATS. Currently deviations are suspended. No idea when that will change.

No.
The National Release Policy MOU does apply to every BUE for any position in the ATO. So if you’re facility is red your selection for OS(or any position) will be denied unless a deviation is approved by the VP ATS. Currently deviations are suspended. No idea when that will change.
What do you mean by the facility being red? What if they weren’t in the union?

Last edited:
The National Release Policy applies for everyone, not just union members and not just for NCEPT. Doesn‘t matter what avenue you use to get selected for another position. Facility red means they can’t release anyone without a “deviation” approval.

I think there’s a misconception out there that if your facility can’t release via NCEPT you can just bid a supe job and be gone, but it’s not a given you will be released.

AOB is column L.
Projected is column AA.
Both must be 85% for release.

Possible losses for is column AE. This primarily used for NCEPT but is relevant here because if it’s 0 you can’t get an MPP (usajobs) job either without a deviation.
Thanks for explaining. From the way it looks, it seems like there are a lot more facilities that can't release than those that can...Sounds like its going to be sometime for movement of any sort.

No.
So, If I'm in the process of taking a supervisor job, facility is not able to release normally, it's essentially a wash lol? Still not doing deviations at all. Same facility will take inhouse cpc's to supe though.. is that not a deviation?

So, If I'm in the process of taking a supervisor job, facility is not able to release normally, it's essentially a wash lol? Still not doing deviations at all. Same facility will take inhouse cpc's to supe though.. is that not a deviation?

Still a deviation in house. Maybe a little easier to persuade but we’re running into this issue at our facility now. Had an open sup spot for a year and can’t fill it cuz no one can be released.

side question, if you bid a supe job, can a facrep no longer support you with questions even if you don’t get picked up? I know one that says anyone who bids a supe job gets their number deleted and no help from him. Should I get this in writing?

side question, if you bid a supe job, can a facrep no longer support you with questions even if you don’t get picked up? I know one that says anyone who bids a supe job gets their number deleted and no help from him. Should I get this in writing?
What an asshole

Federal law he can’t not represent you as long as you’re a BUE. Period.

Yeah get his dumb ass to put that in writing. ULP the shit out of that guy.

Last edited:
They only suspended deviations for very a short time. And it was more a reduction than an outright suspension. But currently they're approving a boatload. If you're selected for a sup job from ZLA you need a deviation approval.

Back
Top Bottom