COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybob

Forum Sage
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Did anybody get the Covid vaccine and experience any side effects? Wondering how long it takes for the side effects to kick in

Did anybody get the Covid vaccine and experience any side effects? Wondering how long it takes for the side effects to kick in
I had high amounts of fatigue for about 8 hours after both shots. Took several hours to kick in. Second one lethargic off and on for about the same time period several hours before i felt anything. Wife had head aches the first shot almost right away. head aches and really bad joint pains the second shot after about 14 hours after the shot lasting to 23 hours after. Most people that i work with that have got the shot only was tired or chills. Extreme adverse effects seem to be not in the majority but ymmv

J and J shot, just arm soreness for a few hrs, next day some joint pain and fatigue.

Wife also had the j and j, nothing aside from a sore arm.

I had my first shot mid-morning and my second shot late afternoon. On the first day, both times I only had a little bit of a sore arm starting a few hours after. First shot second day, felt a little tired, didn't do much. Second shot second day, had chills, general soreness, headache, slept a lot. Both shots third day, felt fine.

Nothing after the first shot. I’ll let you know in 2 weeks for the second. If I was a trainee at home I’d def try to get J and j ASAP. I would not be surprised at all if there was a vaccinated people rule if this thing keeps carrying on

Nothing after the first shot. I’ll let you know in 2 weeks for the second. If I was a trainee at home I’d def try to get J and j ASAP. I would not be surprised at all if there was a vaccinated people rule if this thing keeps carrying on
I'm not saying something is in the works for those on EA that get the vaccine but.......

I'm not saying something is in the works for those on EA that get the vaccine but.......
I was telling people in the area I’m gonna laugh so hard if after bidens 100 days they say you can lose the mask if you are vaccinated. While the people that want to lose the mask the most are the ones without the vaccine.

I haven’t heard anything but like I’d want to be considered fully vaxxed in the event it’s deemed helpful. Not start the process then which can take weeks or months depending on which vaccine you get.

My question is at what point does the FAA say "okay, you've all had the opportunity to get vaxxed if you want to do so, time to get back to work full time" to those of us still on 5/5 or 5/10.

My question is at what point does the FAA say "okay, you've all had the opportunity to get vaxxed if you want to do so, time to get back to work full time" to those of us still on 5/5 or 5/10.
Traffics gonna do that for everyone by June. Airlines recovering rapidly right now

Got second dose of pfizer this last Sunday. Only had a sore arm but mid day on Monday I got a pretty bad headache, probably had a fever too. Slept a lot. Tuesday morning was the same but around mid day all side effects are gone.

I got the moderna 1st dose and had "covid arm" the first 2 days. Just feels like your arm is swollen and hurts to move it, small amount of redness at injection site . Other than that i feel great.

Had the 'vid back in December. Got Pfizer. 1st shot, first night arm got way tight all the way up to the shoulder, like a huge arm cramp, took ibuprofen to get it to mellow out. Sore next two days. 2nd shot, arm sore first day, less second, nothing third.

Everybody's experience varies.

I was telling people in the area I’m gonna laugh so hard if after bidens 100 days they say you can lose the mask if you are vaccinated. While the people that want to lose the mask the most are the ones without the vaccine.
We were all told that wearing a mask wasn't about protecting ourselves, but protecting others. I assumed this was true, and not just a way to be able to virtue signal/guilt trip to force certain views on others.
Thus, prior to my own vaccine, I explained to my vaccinated colleagues that they still needed to wear a mask to protect me, but since they were protected via vaccine, I no longer needed to wear a mask to protect them.
?

We were all told that wearing a mask wasn't about protecting ourselves, but protecting others. I assumed this was true, and not just a way to be able to virtue signal/guilt trip to force certain views on others.
Thus, prior to my own vaccine, I explained to my vaccinated colleagues that they still needed to wear a mask to protect me, but since they were protected via vaccine, I no longer needed to wear a mask to protect them.
?
Oh super hot boomer take. Nice man. Maga

Had COVID back in January so my experience is probably unique. Gut the JJ and had a swore injection site, fever, chills and joint pains for about 24 hours. Fine after.

First Pfizer shot, sore arm for a few hours. Second one knocked me on my ass for 2 days. Fever, chills, fatigue, the whole 9. Still worth it cause now I’m bulletproof

But.... Yes it's in the works.
More to come tomorrow or next week... Not from me, but filtering out through HQ to the people they tell.
Plan is to recall some portion of the high risk people, could be if they've gotten fully vaccinated. We will also reach a time when enough of a facility gets vaccinated that the high-risk that work that facility will be recalled, regardless of if they've been vaccinated. Basically the herd immunity concept at a facility level.

But.... Yes it's in the works.
More to come tomorrow or next week... Not from me, but filtering out through HQ to the people they tell.
Plan is to recall some portion of the high risk people, could be if they've gotten fully vaccinated. We will also reach a time when enough of a facility gets vaccinated that the high-risk that work that facility will be recalled, regardless of if they've been vaccinated. Basically the herd immunity concept at a facility level.
But nothing for the poor AGs? No reason they can’t come back if they get the jab. Should be noted they haven’t asked us to submit our documentation to the flight surgeon about vaccination or anything like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom