Denying a Bid

EADDTccbc

Lurker
Long story short I graduated from a CTI and decided I want to be a pilot but still wanted to apply to the academy just in case. I now realize, if I am accepted and I deny the bid, will I not be accepted again if I apply say 5 years later if I would rather be a controller? Or will it not affect my application if I deny and apply again down the road. I have submitted my application and decided to unsubmit but that's not an option so I assume this won't be an issue.

Please say if you know for a fact and source it or state that you are speculating.

There are no sources to cite. Plenty of people, myself included, have turned down an offer from the FAA and have later reapplied and been hired.

There’s is absolutely no guarantee that you will get an FOL or a TOL for that matter even if you’re a CTI graduate. I’m the only CTI graduate out of 12 in my class.

If you do get a TOL i would advice that you don’t deny it, you don’t know if you will get another chance. You can train to be a pilot anytime you want, a chance for ATC not that easy.

I know several DoD controllers that have denied multiple FAA offers because it wasn't a location that they had wanted.

Would that apply to an OTS bid like this though?

I don't see why not. If I was DoD I would for sure apply to OTS as well to try and get En Route. But the type of bids they are applying to I guess I am not 100% positive on. I just know they have denied offers.

Back
Top Bottom