Issue Department of Labour/OLMS Regulations

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
With respect to these elections there have been instances of facilities not distributing ALL candidate literature on their facility boards (as instructed on ALL candidates literature that have been mailed to facilities). Attached are three instances that MUST be remedied.

People at ALL facilities have a right to question this and should approach their FACREP asking why the literature from the candidates is not posted.

DOL/OLMS Regulations (U.S. Department of Labor - Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) - Conducting Local Union Officer Elections) the following MUST be observed:

A union must comply with all reasonable requests by a candidate for distribution of campaign literature at the candidate’s expense. Federal law does not define “reasonable request” but election officials should try to comply with all requests to the extent possible, since any refusal might later be determined to have been unreasonable.

Each candidate must be treated equally with respect to the cost of distributing campaign literature. There is no requirement that the union distribute literature free of charge. However, if a union distributes any candidate’s literature without charge, all other candidates should be notified that they are also entitled to have their literature distributed without charge.

A union should inform all candidates of the procedures for distributing literature in advance of the campaign period.

A person need not be formally nominated to be entitled to distribute campaign literature. A union must distribute campaign literature for a bona fide candidate seeking to be nominated who makes a request, even if a union rule prohibits campaign mailings prior to nominations.

A union may not regulate the contents of campaign literature it is asked to distribute and may not require that it be permitted to read the literature before distribution. The union may not censor campaign literature in any way, even if the literature includes derogatory remarks about other candidates. A union’s contention that mailing certain campaign literature may constitute libel does not justify a refusal to distribute the literature since the union is under a legal duty to distribute the material.

A union must honor requests for distribution of literature to all members in good standing and must also honor requests for distribution to only a portion of the membership if such distribution is feasible.

A union may not refuse to distribute literature because it has no staff or a small staff. If necessary, a union should employ additional temporary staff, use a professional mailer, or have the election officials make the distribution in order to comply with any requests. Any costs (for producing address labels, hiring temporary employees, etc.) can be passed on to each candidate requesting a distribution of literature.

9E31017D-41A8-405A-8893-B0FAA69184C3.jpeg

7261FA7D-2577-4542-B59E-8E8D53003E45.jpegAD5E3BF0-13C3-4E90-B0F2-561D9BABC159.jpegF6DE1FB2-5CF4-4C09-82B9-B82B2FF2606C.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not sure which forum to post this under, but this is the postcard that was mailed to every facility in the country, with the request to post on the NATCA Bulletin Board. (the only thing this one is missing is the"Union Bug", as the ones mailed were printed in a union shop.).

Attachments

• Zilonis-Postcard-8.5x5.5.pdf
    321.5 KB · Views: 33
I am not sure which forum to post this under, but this is the postcard that was mailed to every facility in the country, with the request to post on the NATCA Bulletin Board. (the only thing this one is missing is the"Union Bug", as the ones mailed were printed in a union shop.).

The Union Bug is on the back side right under the return address clear as day.

They were telling people to just print them out and hang them on the boards, there was nothing on the front side of the one that I printed, the backside as you can imagine was blank.

Omg,
lol, you are correct. When I looked at the first proof the printer had sent, it wasn’t on there. Thank you for the correction!

They were telling people to just print them out and hang them on the boards, there was nothing on the front side of the one that I printed, the backside as you can imagine was blank.
He is talking about Bryan’s. I didn’t realize in the final proof they had put the bug on it. My mistake. So this attachment is the final version, with the union lapel, that was sent out to every facility.

I don't recall ever getting any literature from any candidate.
It should be posted on your NATCA board, I think one candidate was going to send something in the mail to every Union member (do not quote me as I am exhausted lol).

I don't recall ever getting any literature from any candidate.

The only mailing done so far was a facility mailing, to the facreps, for them to please post on their Bulletin Board. As far as I know, no one has done a mass member mailing yet. If there is nothing posted at your facility, you are more than welcome to print Bryan's postcard (attached on a previous message) and post it at your facility. I would also be more than happy to mail a new one to you or your facility.

ZLA and SHV need to update their boards, if you are a member of that facility you NEED to inform your FACREPS they MUST update them.

Back
Top Bottom