Developmental rehire

Early 2012, person I know attended the Academy for tower, was sent to a level 9 tower. Did not make it a year, and was terminated...I don't think person was even ground certified. 2017 I see the same name in a facebook group and was going to be in tower basics at the academy.
I started looking into it, because I was surprised person was rehired and attending the academy again. Academy people said this person was still in job jeopardy status, and needed to pass. Passed without any issues and had good scores and went to a different tower (standard academy placement process), pretty sure the person was making the same pay everyone else was....wasn't AG until reaching the facility.
I don't know if this matters, but do you know if they were terminated for medical reasons or they maxed out their hours or what?

I don't know if this matters, but do you know if they were terminated for medical reasons or they maxed out their hours or what?
Fairly certain that management terminated the training for lack of performance purposes. Not sure if max hours were reached or not.

Yes it definitely matters. If memory serves me, a failure prior to cert means DQ from future bids.

Idle curiosity on my part: for all of these "52 weeks' experience" things (CPC reinstatement, prior exp bids), do they mean "one calendar year since you certified" or "2080 hours spent clocked in since you certified"? How does leave factor into it?

Are you sure about that? The way I read the DOC on it is that you have to have 52 weeks as a CPC in order to be eligible for CPC reinstatement, is that not correct?
MJ already answered but... Yes, I’m sure. That’s directly from HR and from personal experience submitting my CPC reinstatement package. The key is CPC status. Once a CPC, always a CPC.
Idle curiosity on my part: for all of these "52 weeks' experience" things (CPC reinstatement, prior exp bids), do they mean "one calendar year since you certified" or "2080 hours spent clocked in since you certified"? How does leave factor into it?
52 weeks of certified experience isn’t required for CPC reinstatement, but is stipulated in prior exp bids. What they mean is one calendar year of certified controlling experience, leave doesn’t affect the timeline.

As you're under the re-entrant/hire category and not a reinstatement or a previously terminated trainee. It's speculation of how to come back based upon how an ATM wants you more or less. Get a sitdown with the one you were thinking, and spit your story, if you know the FAC there might be some people here who could assist.

As you're under the re-entrant/hire category and not a reinstatement or a previously terminated trainee. It's speculation of how to come back based upon how an ATM wants you more or less. Get a sitdown with the one you were thinking, and spit your story, if you know the FAC there might be some people here who could assist.
I don't have any connections to the airport close by (HEF) that I'd try to apply to, but if anyone that sees this that works there I'd be more than happy to link up with them. I have some connections at ZDC that have told me they'd try to help in any capacity they could. Granted they're enroute but all the same family at the end of the day.

Thanks for the pizza, David.
Haha no problem man. It was supposed to be a Christmas present but better late than never.

Hey David, was sad to see that you had this issue pop up seemingly right after kicking ass at the academy. Pulling for you to get right and back in the game!
Yeah man it was a bummer I'm trying everything within my power to one day get back in.

For what it’s worth, guy I know originally went for en route and failed at OKC. He re-applied and got picked up. After getting picked up, they realized he was an academy failure and had to be reviewed by some panel. He had a CTO from the military and they sent him to terminal.

So over the past two months or so I've gone back and forth with different people from HR to career divisions to NATCA, all trying to help see what they can do to help me get back in. I applied for the OTS bid yesterday and we'll see if I have to go to the academy again but these "Re in statement" and "Re Entrant" processes we talked about earlier that were brought up by MJ and Co no one seems to know anything about it or how I can go about them.

It seems they'd rather spend $80,000 or whatever it is to send me through the whole process again then one trip to the doctor. I'm all ears if anyone comes across any information that will help but for now I'll see what happens either back to the academy or given a list of facilities based on need.

Back
Top Bottom