Disability Insurance

In 15 years I've seen a few people lose medical for almost a whole year, sometimes for a f'in DUI; they were put on admin by default. They would do stuff like 'update charts" (walk the new green books into the tower and approach plates to the tracon), add any new pages to the .65, etc. Basically they chilled in the break room that whole time.

Somewhere in there we got a new ATM and there hasn't been a multiple month DQ since, but there have been at least a few 1-2 week ones where they also did "admin" from the break room.

When I finally got a 1-week DQ the ATM was all, "I don't have any current admin work, I'll have the check with the district to see if they do".

It's definitely not grieveable. I've seen it denied before.
Just because someone did something wrongly doesn’t mean it isn’t grievable.
Also Idk if this is a hard wrong or not.

Any ATM that doesn’t have the ability to create admin duties for one of their employees is a piece of shit human.
Yuge

I was told they can't create admin work to avoid using leave.
Article 45 Section 1 and run it up the chain to see if you can find help

Yeah I’m no expert, but my thought on where a grievance (or even a lawsuit) could play in is how admin assignments are so inconsistently applied from case to case. Like others mentioned above, some people are able to sit around for months doing nothing, but other people are told there’s “nothing available.” The FAA can’t tell one person they can sit around and continue getting paid, and then tell someone else in virtually the exact same position that they can’t. Either there aren’t clear guidelines on to how admin duties can/shall be assigned, or they’re not being followed. Either way, seems like a good case for unfair and unequal treatment.

Does anyone have any experience with getting the FAA to fill out their portion of the disability insurance paperwork. Local management says they don't believe they should do it and that I should file OWCP or a Reasonable Accommodation request. This all stems from a loss of medical and has nothing to do with OWCP or a RA request. Is there a person in HR that's better suited to help me out?

Back
Top Bottom