Do Previous Experience New Hires get Change of Station?

jyouse

Just wondering because I can't really find it anywhere (and the contract is a little gray.) Anyone who's prior military or was an FAA re-hire- did you get change of station upon entering the FAA?

Just wondering because I can't really find it anywhere (and the contract is a little gray.) Anyone who's prior military or was an FAA re-hire- did you get change of station upon entering the FAA?
Not sure about re-hire but for prior experience hires you do get change of station leave. I'd assume for re-hire too but idk 🤷‍♂️

Not sure about re-hire but for prior experience hires you do get change of station leave. I'd assume for re-hire too but idk 🤷‍♂️
Can you tell me how recent this was? I'm a rehire and my coworker is previous experience and we are both being denied COS by the district (ATM is trying to advocate on our behalf)

Can you tell me how recent this was? I'm a rehire and my coworker is previous experience and we are both being denied COS by the district (ATM is trying to advocate on our behalf)
I was given 6 days of COS once I got to my facility just had to let the manager know when I was using them

Got hired a year and a half ago. Had multiple friends get hired within the last few months that got CoS too. I'm pretty sure you should get it for re-hire too since they give CoS for any sort of transfer

Yes, you are entitled to it. Why are they saying you aren’t?
I think they are saying it’s because we aren’t changing a duty location. Most people change from OKC or from their prior facility. But we got direct hired from a bid. It’s annoying if they handle it differently based off your region.

I think they are saying it’s because we aren’t changing a duty location. Most people change from OKC or from their prior facility. But we got direct hired from a bid. It’s annoying if they handle it differently based off your region.
Message your RVP, had in 2015. Same shit different year, every ATM trying to reinvent the wheel

I don’t understand how “including initial assignment” gets misconstrued so often.

I mean, I used some last week. On boarded Nov 5th.

Does this still count if I were to get hired at an airport in the city I already reside in?
Unlikely. You probably won’t get hired where you currently live. That would make too much sense for the FAA. So you’ll be entitled to 8 days of COS wherever you end up.

Back
Top Bottom