En Route Enroute 4/9

I give you guys a little background on me. Im 30 and I have 2 kids and a wife. The kids and wife are staying in California so I can study with no distractions. I’m not big into partying and I’ll be studying all the time. I will probably be going to the gym 4-6 days of the week just so I can get back into shape. Let me know I you want to stay at Kim’s. I’ll be calling her later this week to see about availability.
Did you reserve a room? I'm probably gonna stay at Kim's if everyone is gonna be there.

Word of advice if your thinking of Kim's or IB go ahead and reserve your room. Kim will try to place you with people in your class, and if for some reason you change your mind you can cancel the reservation with no penalty. The longer you guys wait the more of a chance lodging will be full. Also saw that Anatole through FAA rooms is booked until the end of April.

Did you reserve a room? I'm probably gonna stay at Kim's if everyone is gonna be there.
I’m trying to confirm my room still. I got my EODS logins today. Submitted all the forms tonight so hopefully HR approves them all. Just waiting for my welcome package now!

Just curious.. I also have this date but I'm trying to request a deferral..

What draws you guys to Kim's over IB? or vice versa? Can't seem to find a good discussion about the housing.

Just curious.. I also have this date but I'm trying to request a deferral..

What draws you guys to Kim's over IB? or vice versa? Can't seem to find a good discussion about the housing.
I’m staying at Kim’s so I can save some money and so I can be close to the study groups. Also my friend went through the academy 4 years ago and she said Kim’s was good. She really liked how her roommates were in the same class and they can start studying together without having to look for a group.

Just booked my room at Anatole through A&T Corporate Housing. Hopefully you guys will let me come over for study groups haha. Also still waiting for these so called "welcoming papers". Not many days left.

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question but I'll ask..

On our welcome letter it says "report to SCC Building 230 at 7:00am for processing ID's". But then two paragraphs later it says "you should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early. The SCC Building will open at 6:30 to process ID's."

And isn't the shuttle set to arrive at the academy at 7:00 every day?

Maybe a dumb question but I'll ask..

On our welcome letter it says "report to SCC Building 230 at 7:00am for processing ID's". But then two paragraphs later it says "you should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early. The SCC Building will open at 6:30 to process ID's."

And isn't the shuttle set to arrive at the academy at 7:00 every day?

Don't worry too much about it. The rule at the academy is that if you're on the shuttle bus, you can never be late - if the bus is running late, it's obviously not your fault. If you choose to drive, just plan to get to the center 20-30 minutes early so you have time to clear security, park, walk inside, go through more security, and get your photo taken for your ID.

The academy takes lateness VERY seriously. If your class starts at 7am, that means in your seat, coat off, books out, cell phones put away, and ready to go when the second hand hits the 12. Instructors will write you up for being 10 seconds late, and I heard of someone in another class who got fired because he was 5ish minutes late one too many times. Again, if you're on the bus you're in the clear, but if you drive yourself and get stopped at the train crossing, get into an accident, blow a tire, or anything like that, you could be in trouble.

Just booked my room at Anatole through A&T Corporate Housing. Hopefully you guys will let me come over for study groups haha. Also still waiting for these so called "welcoming papers". Not many days left.
Depending on what room you got there will be a gold mine underneath the TV

Back
Top Bottom