En Route Enroute Basics 01/31/2020

IB had a dedicated FAA study room when I was there in June of 2019. It had extra non radar strips(which you can also get from the Stafford Building) and a strip board and people left behind their binders with notes and stuff. This in no way shape or form should compensate for how shitty IB is.... Avoid IB at all costs.

im still at Isolas, everywhere else has a waitlist. Unless I get a call from Anatole I’ll be staying at IBs. It is what it is.

Cowboys once to say you did, then never again.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Does anyone know if Anatole has some sort of study tools or maps that we can use? My friend I was talking to last night said when he was at IB, there was some sort of useful study tool they had for students, and I was wondering if all these bigger complexes had that.
I would strongly recommend staying at Kim's. The houses are really nice on the inside, basic household supplies (toilet paper, dish soap, etc) are all provided for free anytime you run out, strip boards are provided during your non-radar time which was insanely helpful, and most houses have maps and study guides left behind by previous students which also helped out a lot. Plus Kim and John are just really great people. Any issues I had were addressed and fixed real quick (e.g. leaky sink fixed same day)

Truer words have never been spoken.

I would strongly recommend staying at Kim's. The houses are really nice on the inside, basic household supplies (toilet paper, dish soap, etc) are all provided for free anytime you run out, strip boards are provided during your non-radar time which was insanely helpful, and most houses have maps and study guides left behind by previous students which also helped out a lot. Plus Kim and John are just really great people. Any issues I had were addressed and fixed real quick (e.g. leaky sink fixed same day)

Most of us already locked in at Anatole, and I've only heard good things about the management there as well. Whether or not they have strip boards is unclear, but it's likely that at least some study materials were left behind between all of our places.

Most of us already locked in at Anatole, and I've only heard good things about the management there as well. Whether or not they have strip boards is unclear, but it's likely that at least some study materials were left behind between all of our places.

Strip boards are overrated. I can’t even tell you how many times I just placed the strips in their respective FPAs flat on a table. That shouldn’t be the deciding factor when choosing where to live for four months.

I think we all booked based on the good things we heard about management, location, and amenities, which is why we're at a place that may or may not even offer the strip boards by default.

Just curious - is it possible to be sent to any center right out of the academy? I thought someone hinted that there are centers that usually don't get academy grads.

Just curious - is it possible to be sent to any center right out of the academy? I thought someone hinted that there are centers that usually don't get academy grads.
You will for sure be sent to a center if you're En-Route, you won't get a whole lot of say in where you go. I believe the way they do it is the trainee with the best overall grade after evals will have first choice at a list of centers that need people. Then second best and so on. Some centers that dont have staffing problems, popular ones such as Honolulu and Denver rarely make the list so it would be rare. This is all stuff I've heard so if I'm wrong and someone knows right feel free to correct me.

I've also heard that the bottom 3 at the academy are mandatory spots to fill and they will send you where they need you the most. A little incentive I guess to study hard. This is something I heard from my professors while in college so things may have changed since then I'm not positive.

I've also heard that the bottom 3 at the academy are mandatory spots to fill and they will send you where they need you the most. A little incentive I guess to study hard. This is something I heard from my professors while in college so things may have changed since then I'm not positive.
Generally they're all mandatory spots now. One location per student that passes the class... It used to be two per class but was changed awhile back. Occasionally there will be an alternate available such as Anchorage or San Juan. But which centers are on the list is determined by which centers need staffing and don't have a training backlog.

Enroute Placement List

This list sort of helped me understand it after my buddy explained it initially. It gets updated bi-weekly to show the most prioritized locations, and also notes which locations you probably won't be going because spots are reserved for previous experience hires, or there's a training backlog.

He also said not to worry too much about the list until you're nearing the end of training, because it changes a fair amount.

Back
Top Bottom