Enroute Class pass rate

We had 5/12 pass today. The list is down to 2 ZJX, 2 ZMP, 2 ZSE & 1 ZBW (2 extra spots from COVID). I'm deciding between ZJX & ZSE. I have not family to take with me and don't have any connections to either place. Which would be the better spot?
Seattle is expensive. Jacksonville is cheap.

We had 5/12 pass today. The list is down to 2 ZJX, 2 ZMP, 2 ZSE & 1 ZBW (2 extra spots from COVID). I'm deciding between ZJX & ZSE. I have not family to take with me and don't have any connections to either place. Which would be the better spot?
ZSE will be a much much faster training time. ZJX is going to get backed up bad.
ZJX will be a 12 before you certify. Plus you can live like a king there in northern Florida. The location is personal preference. I think Washington is beautiful and Florida sucks. Both have no state income tax.

What’d everyone pick?

Damn, I would have picked seattle. People there have hundreds to thousands of hours of sick leave in the bank because they're in good shape and get spot leave.
Not to mention the center is a ways from the city so living is cheaper than most think when they hear Seattle.

Don’t forget the guy that got offered ZDC.

Next class places 9/8.

1. ZLA
2. ZMP
3. ZSE
4. ZLA
5. ZFW
6. ZAU
7. ZSE
8. ZME
9. ZAU
10. ZKC
11. ZME
12. ZKC

Alternates:
ZOA
ZAN

Jacksonville rule does not apply.

Last edited:
Next class places 9/8.

1. ZLA
2. ZMP
3. ZSE
4. ZLA
5. ZFW
6. ZAU
7. ZSE
8. ZME
9. ZAU
10. ZKC
11. ZME
12. ZKC

Alternates:
ZOA
ZAN

Jacksonville rule does not apply.
How do Alternates work? I just took a tour of FAI Tower and they said that FAI would be an alternate as well for Terminal. Do they just take 2 slots that they assume will be difficult to fill, and tack them on to the bottom? I was born about 8 minutes from ZAN and would really like to come back, but there are a very limited number of ZAN spots so I'm a little surprised to see it on the alternate list.

Let’s say only 6 people pass in this class. Those 6 get to pick from spots 1-6 plus ZOA and ZAN

Often they go to difficult to hire places like ZOA, ZNY, or ZAN, but like the normal slots on the list, there is no rhyme or reason

Let’s say only 6 people pass in this class. Those 6 get to pick from spots 1-6 plus ZOA and ZAN

Often they go to difficult to hire places like ZOA, ZNY, or ZAN, but like the normal slots on the list, there is no rhyme or reason

So in that case if 6 people pass could they all choose to go to ZOA?

Most recent class went 7/13. We selected:

1. ZAU
2. ZFW
3. ZSE
4. ZLA
5. ZSE
6. ZMP
7. ZLA

Rumor has it a certain notorious evaluator is no longer going to be killing careers. Best of luck y’all!

Back
Top Bottom