FAA CRASHPADS Just 5m from the FAA Academy!

En Route Enroute online basics 02/02/2021

Academy Study Guides

thatnewATCguy

Hey I am from the 2018 July bid. Finally got my last paperwork submitted and got assigned 02/02/2021 online basics date. Academy class is set 03/05/2021. Anyone else with the same dates?
Thanks

ShadyR6

Hey I am from the 2018 July bid. Finally got my last paperwork submitted and got assigned 02/02/2021 online basics date. Academy class is set 03/05/2021. Anyone else with the same dates?
Thanks
I originally was given this date and then it got pushed back to 02/09/2021. Did you get your FOL?

Bravo Alpha

Trusted Contributor
That is close, they told me 20-30 days before we should be getting forms to complete for in-processing.
Just send an email. My class date is 1/28 and I sent an email yesterday asking about the FOL and 3 minutes later she sends the FOL with a bunch of EODS stuff to fill out

ShadyR6

Just send an email. My class date is 1/28 and I sent an email yesterday asking about the FOL and 3 minutes later she sends the FOL with a bunch of EODS stuff to fill out
Lol I wish it was that easy. My rep responds 20% of the time. I’ve also tried calling and can never get a hold of her.
Maybe since I already signed a FOL last January before COVID hit I don’t need to sign another one. I seriously doubt that would be the case though.

thatnewATCguy

Lol I wish it was that easy. My rep responds 20% of the time. I’ve also tried calling and can never get a hold of her.
Maybe since I already signed a FOL last January before COVID hit I don’t need to sign another one. I seriously doubt that would be the case though.
You signed your FOL last January and still didn't get to the academy? What date did it have on your FOL?

Bravo Alpha

Trusted Contributor
They let you do that? I asked and they said if I turn it down they will remove me from the process and I will have to apply all over again..
That’s because the odds that in person basics comes back after this is slim to none. FAA saves on lodging and per diem while you’re doing at home basics for a month, and gets to show that they are holding up the “we are doing everything we can to prevent the spread” mantra. All while the pass rate for in person basics is staying the same as online basics.

ShadyR6

They let you do that? I asked and they said if I turn it down they will remove me from the process and I will have to apply all over again..
I was one of the first few upcoming classes to get canceled. So at the time the academy was still under the assumption that at some point they would go back to in person basics.

Top Bottom