En route Placement List

En route Placement List 10/26/2022

No permission to download
No it's just top 33 of class has to take the top of the list%. If the class before all picks oakland and new york you could get a DFW mandatory or an ATL mandatory.

When you get the list of facilities to choose from, how much time are you given to choose? Is it on the spot or what?

I'm not sure how much it changed but in 2015, but we got our list the day after the previous class made selections. Selections are made the day after the final eval. They bring your class into a room and then the placement person takes you one by one to make your selections.

Last edited:
When you get the list of facilities to choose from, how much time are you given to choose? Is it on the spot or what?

I’m sure much hasn’t changed from 2015 when I went through as well. You’ll know your list about 1week or so before evals. So you’ll be able to figure out what you want if you finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. just number them out in order. They give you time to at selections when all those who’ve passed are picking.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what does "reserved for hardship" mean?
Check out the slate book, Article 99 - Hardship Transfers
NATCA - Slate Book

"Reserved for Hardship" means that someone has completed the hardship process and has been given a list of a few facilities that would satisfy the hardship. Once they select a facility, the facility they choose will say "Filled by Hardship" and the other spots that were "Reserved for Hardship" will return to being blank.

Check out the slate book, Article 99 - Hardship Transfers
NATCA - Slate Book

"Reserved for Hardship" means that someone has completed the hardship process and has been given a list of a few facilities that would satisfy the hardship. Once they select a facility, the facility they choose will say "Filled by Hardship" and the other spots that were "Reserved for Hardship" will return to being blank.

Interesting. Just skimmed the article, makes sense. Hadn't seen the term used before in the terms of the FAA and what it meant for a controller but yeah makes sense. Thanks! Was just curious as I was scrolling through the placement list and saw it for a few spots.

Report a week from Monday. Need to find an apartment (had one in Apple Valley I vacated when I went to OKC) so I’m burning a few days of PCS leave.

Nice man, get some time off. I’ll come up and visit ya if you get Area 2, if not.... you’re dead to me...... just kidding

I graduate in May. If imtrying to get a good estimate of the facilties that would be on my list, 5 more classes will pass before me, each class passing roughly 10 students i estimate (whether its 12 or 18 in the class thats seems to be the average lately)
Would you just count up roughly 50 slots (skipping nyc and the reserve slots) and then just below that is where my list would roughly be?
I know each class is offered double the students but obviously most of those dont get assigned so they would stay at top of list for next classes. So thats why im thinking just counting the amount of graduates before me is probably more accurate?

Last edited:
I graduate in May. If imtrying to get a good estimate of the facilties that would be on my list, 5 more classes will pass before me, each class passing roughly 10 students i estimate (whether its 12 or 18 in the class thats seems to be the average lately)
Would you just count up roughly 50 slots (skipping nyc and the reserve slots) and then just below that is where my list would roughly be?
I know each class is offered double the students but obviously most of those dont get assigned so they would stay at top of list for next classes. So thats why im thinking just counting the amount of graduates before me is probably more accurate?
Focus on passing the academy! I watched countless people get so caught up in where they may go and ultimately fail. Don’t get caught up in the potential placement lists as they’ll constantly change. When they bring your final list in a week before you finish then worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom