Enroute Wash out question.

Oh-kay

I am probably getting ahead of myself with this question considering I haven't even started any training yet. My background is USAF and FCT Tower experience. I am slated to attend the academy in October for Enroute. If one was to wash out of an Enroute facility; would they be eligible to try again at a lower level facility? Just looking for information out of morbid curiosity. Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
I am probably getting ahead of myself with this question considering I haven't even started any training yet. My background is USAF and FCT Tower experience. I am slated to attend the academy in October for Enroute. If one was to wash out of an Enroute facility; would they be eligible to try again at a lower level facility? Just looking for information out of morbid curiosity. Thanks in advance for the help.
If you get your first D side you’ll likely be retained. But stop talking about washing out at your stage. It’s self fulfilling
If you get your first D side you’ll likely be retained. But stop talking about washing out at your stage. It’s self fulfilling

Solution
Aiming for the stars I see!

“Say ride conditions”

Ha. Got to my second center about 9 years ago, and they were less busy and more nit picky then the one I ERR'd from. I got a tape talk and a 'proc' for asking 'how's your ride' instead of 'say ride conditions'. I looked at the Supervisor and said Really? This is the shit you do around here?

From then on out, I would use the prescribed phraseology and try and blast it on speaker when the pilots would 'question it, or not get what I was asking'
Then I'd ask him if I should use plain language as many times a shift as I could... Repeatedly. He got the message and always told me of when he'd be monitoring me from then on out or had to monitor me.

Same center supervisors also told me I had to write up light chop and other Pireps that weren't mandatory reportable items. I went through pads of pirep forms asking every plane I could. Delta Light chop. you don't say. The TMU supe tried to get me time on the street for then inundating them with too many pireps.

Ha. Got to my second center about 9 years ago, and they were less busy and more nit picky then the one I ERR'd from. I got a tape talk and a 'proc' for asking 'how's your ride' instead of 'say ride conditions'. I looked at the Supervisor and said Really? This is the shit you do around here?

From then on out, I would use the prescribed phraseology and try and blast it on speaker when the pilots would 'question it, or not get what I was asking'
Then I'd ask him if I should use plain language as many times a shift as I could... Repeatedly. He got the message and always told me of when he'd be monitoring me from then on out or had to monitor me.

Same center supervisors also told me I had to write up light chop and other Pireps that weren't mandatory reportable items. I went through pads of pirep forms asking every plane I could. Delta Light chop. you don't say. The TMU supe tried to get me time on the street for then inundating them with too many pireps.
Yes this is so stupid! You should be happy I’m asking how the ride is vs not asking anything at all.

If you can ask, "How's the ride?" You'll be fine

"Light chop by a hang glider @ FL210"

“Say ride conditions”

"Ride Conditions." ?

The TMU supe tried to get me time on the street for then inundating them with too many Pireps

Ha, kill em w compliance!!!

I'll take, "Do Your Fucking Job" for 2k plz Alex...

Lol when the Red Book came some bootlicker fool was telling controllers "The gate guards are getting sick and tired of everyone leaving the building EVERY break, it needs to stop".

P.s. to the OP: plug in , work your planes, stfu & stop being a pussy. I'm afraid you are destined to be a future TMU all star, but I wouldn't wanna judge a book by its cover so GL!

You’re getting way ahead of yourself bud, you’ll probably wash out in the academy so you won’t even have to worry about any of that nest stuff.

If I recall correctly, the old FAA Training reg 3120.4 used to say if you got certified on your first D-sides (D-1 payband) you'd be considered for retainment at a lower level tower only facility. If you got all your D-sides and certify on your first radars (D-3 payband), but washout on the rest, you'd be considered for retainment at a lower level combined tower and radar facility.

They came out with an updated FAA training order a few years ago, so I'm not sure if that's still in there.

I've seen washouts that never got their first D-sides, and many got offered flight data positions at centers, which are non-atc jobs w/ in the FAA.

Back
Top Bottom