EODS misdemeanor

cjgomez

:Should I worry about an alcohol related misdemeanor that happened 6 years ago for the EODS I just submitted? Just curious.

You'll only have to give some worry about it on the eqip (security clearance). But the clearance adjudication process uses a "whole person" concept. If I had to guess, I'm guessing you had a DUI/DWI, or whatever the term your state has for drunk driving. Regardless, if it's something alcohol related, if you're not currently abusing alcohol, haven't reoffended, participated in AA meetings, did rehab, or just overall demonstrated you wont be a safety concern in the future, youll most likely have no issue. There's people that have got in with way more serious charges than you. Just dont lie as that's the #1 to get denied.

You'll only have to give some worry about it on the eqip (security clearance). But the clearance adjudication process uses a "whole person" concept. If I had to guess, I'm guessing you had a DUI/DWI, or whatever the term your state has for drunk driving. Regardless, if it's something alcohol related, if you're not currently abusing alcohol, haven't reoffended, participated in AA meetings, did rehab, or just overall demonstrated you wont be a safety concern in the future, youll most likely have no issue. There's people that have got in with way more serious charges than you. Just dont lie as that's the #1 to get denied.
It was just disorderly conduct/public intoxication under 21…. But they did give me AA meetings ?? it’s been 6 years though and I drink maybe once a week and only on Saturdays…

It was just disorderly conduct/public intoxication under 21…. But they did give me AA meetings ?? it’s been 6 years though and I drink maybe once a week and only on Saturdays…
And the reason they gave me AA meetings I believe is because 8 years ago when I was 18 I was caught with alcohol in public, but I didn’t even drink, my friends just got a 24 pack and brought it and we all got charged that…. But since this was 8 years ago I didn’t have to put this in EODs since it asks for 7 years prior only. But these are my only offenses ever

Back
Top Bottom