Ethics Disclosure - Flight Priviledges

qxorvx

Lurker
Does anyone have experience submitting a written request for the use of airline flight privileges granted from previous employment or being a dependent of an airline employee? Curious if there are any success stories.

Specifically in reference to Order 3750.7A, Appendix F, Section 4b. It seems pretty straight forward.

“B. Required Notice to the FAA. Any employee who, for his or her own travel, or that of his or her family members, wishes to use flight privileges under the terms of this policy must first provide written notice to his or her immediate supervisor and local ethics officer. The notice should identify the air carrier involved and describe the terms of the flight privileges that have been extended to the employee or his or her family.”

My wife is actually looking into working for DL just for the flight benefits. When I was talking to my sup he just said as far is he is concerned he just needs it in writing and that was it, there wouldn't be any approval or denial they just had to be notified. From others I've heard that it wasn't an issue unless the agency notices preferential treatment is given to the airline.

Back
Top Bottom