Exp questionnaire

Vilius

What happens if you get 0.00 score on your exp questionnaire. If all my qualified positions fall in non controlling positions.

You wouldn't have gotten a TOL if all of your experience was non qualifying. If you want to give more detail we could probably answer better.

Just have ground control, clearance delivery, flight data, flight planning, but when I went to do the exp questionnaire after TOL all those positions fall under not contolling.

I’m not sure how you snuck by, unless it was one of the very first exp bid’s that included gc, etc.The most recent exp bids require you to have 52 weeks post cto or approach qualification.

Unfortunately, I'd expect your TOL to be rescinded. You'll need 52 weeks post certification experience to qualify which means you won't be eligible for the bid next year as well.

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE MAINTAINED AT LEAST 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE INVOLVING THE FULL-TIME ACTIVE SEPARATION OF AIR TRAFFIC AFTER RECEIPT OF AN ATC CERTIFICATION OR FACILITY RATING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION WHILE SERVING AT:

a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control facility; OR
a civilian or military air traffic control facility of the Department of Defense; OR
a tower operating under contract with the FAA under section 47124

Not sure where it says you need CTO or approach. Just ATC certification.

The bids I’ve seen listed examples of experience that doesn’t qualify. Those being gc, air intercept, etc. Can you link the bid?

The full bid is listed in any of the bid threads. I know they were there in past ones, but I didn't see the examples in this most recent one like you listed @ajmezz, however it references "live traffic" and "facility certification" numerous times.

@Vilius, I don't have an answer for you because by the info we have, you should not have been eligible on any recent prior exp bid.

Yeah, I specifically remember the first one back in 2015 allowing ground control and stuff, but then later bids they changed it to read those were no longer examples of qualifying experience. They were also giving out TOL’s to people who still had 2-3+ years left in the military. That’s where my thought process was going. If he got selected on a more recent bid, then definitely slipped through the cracks somehow. Can only continue on with the process and see what happens.

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE MAINTAINED AT LEAST 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE INVOLVING THE FULL-TIME ACTIVE SEPARATION OF AIR TRAFFIC AFTER RECEIPT OF AN ATC CERTIFICATION OR FACILITY RATING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION WHILE SERVING AT:

a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control facility; OR
a civilian or military air traffic control facility of the Department of Defense; OR
a tower operating under contract with the FAA under section 47124

Not sure where it says you need CTO or approach. Just ATC certification.

"Full-time active separation"
That means planes in the sky not the ones slowly rolling on the ground.

I just got a call from HR asking about my quals I have radar flight data, final control, tower flight data, and ground control. Was hired under the previous experience bid and have gone through the entire year long process including getting my list of facility’s to choose from and getting my facility assignment 2 weeks ago. And now they are saying that she messed up and my quals don’t count under prior experience after all this time!?!? In the way that it’s worded it dose not specify that you need a major qualification.... They said they would have to rescind my offer if I don’t have that qual and i would have to start the whole process over again throu an OTS bid which is BS!! At least they could do is send me to OKC first you would think anyways....

I just got a call from HR asking about my quals I have radar flight data, final control, tower flight data, and ground control. Was hired under the previous experience bid and have gone through the entire year long process including getting my list of facility’s to choose from and getting my facility assignment 2 weeks ago. And now they are saying that she messed up and my quals don’t count under prior experience after all this time!?!? In the way that it’s worded it dose not specify that you need a major qualification.... They said they would have to rescind my offer if I don’t have that qual and i would have to start the whole process over again throu an OTS bid which is BS!! At least they could do is send me to OKC first you would think anyways....
You need to have credentials or a facility rating. I'm assuming you have no AOV credentials?

What did “final control” entail?

That doesn’t count as a rating? I would have thought GCA was worth something, I understand not counting ground and data, but wouldn’t that include vectoring?

From what I remember in the survey you needed to work up to 6 aircraft simultaneously to count the gca as a control position.

I have seen radar training with a tower/GCA controller, and some finals only controllers, and they effectively had zero radar ability beyond a tower only controller.

Back
Top Bottom