Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

Anyone know how to speed up the medical clearance? I had my physical June 6. I have yet to receive an email saying that I have been cleared. I was told it was still waiting to be reviewed by Flight Surgeon as of Aug 2. Hoping to here something soon so I can possibly be in the next set of list.
Patience my friend

LOL that's what everyone says. I'm getting out of the Navy and going on terminal next month. Just getting a little worried about the timeline....
I know the feeling. If remember right, it took about 3 months for me to get my clearance. Hired on from the January 2016 experiences bid. It speeds up once you get it

I know the feeling. If remember right, it took about 3 months for me to get my clearance. Hired on from the January 2016 experiences bid. It speeds up once you get it
Hopefully I'll hear something soon before they send out the next batch of list/FOL's. I start terminal Sept. 7 and EAOS Sept. 30....

Anyone know how to speed up the medical clearance? I had my physical June 6. I have yet to receive an email saying that I have been cleared. I was told it was still waiting to be reviewed by Flight Surgeon as of Aug 2. Hoping to here something soon so I can possibly be in the next set of list.
Call HR. I still haven't received an email stating all my clearances have been approved. But I called HR and Pam said everything is good to go and now I'm just waiting on a list.

LOL that's what everyone says. I'm getting out of the Navy and going on terminal next month. Just getting a little worried about the timeline....

My HR rep told me they weren't issuing placements until the beginning of the new fiscal year (October 1).

I had my physical done May 24th and they requested additional information on June 18th of which I turned in one June 19th and I have yet to get cleared either. They always say “pending flight surgeon review”...best of luck to you! I’ve just been bothering the hell out of my medical POC, HR, emailing the 9-AGL medical email. Trying to get answers or light a fire under SOMEBODY so I can get on the next list.

My timeline is close to yours when I got hired in 2016. Physical was mid May, went on terminal early Sept and got out Sept 25th. My paperwork was with the flight surgeon at the end of July, I was cleared the first week in October and got a list 2 weeks later. My first day was mid December. Hope this helps and good luck

I was never officially notified that I passed my medical clearance. I just called my HR rep and asked, she told me I was cleared.

Received my facility list. I'm a little disappointed I was offered only level 5-7. I have 9 towers and two approach control tickets. Any recourse? Any information appreciated. I talked to the placement guy he said subject matter people look at your experience and make a judgement based on your experience. Could I have fouled up on the survey monkey? I rember asking in the instructions if you had parralel or intersecting runways but there was no place to select that when filling it out. Maybe that loused me up. I'm on a bus in Greece so sorry if there are gramatical errors. Any input will be appreciated

Received my facility list. I'm a little disappointed I was offered only level 5-7. I have 9 towers and two approach control tickets. Any recourse? Any information appreciated. I talked to the placement guy he said subject matter people look at your experience and make a judgement based on your experience. Could I have fouled up on the survey monkey? I rember asking in the instructions if you had parralel or intersecting runways but there was no place to select that when filling it out. Maybe that loused me up. I'm on a bus in Greece so sorry if there are gramatical errors. Any input will be appreciated
Quality not quantity.

Quality not quantity.
My conumdrum mj. And I appreciate you getting back to me so quick. I'm 44 so my reason for jumping over to the faa is that I allwas wanted to be part of the big show and more importantly I wanna max out my high 3. It's gonna be hard to make it to a 10 and higher in 11 years with top 3 in said facility. Am I wrong?

My conumdrum mj. And I appreciate you getting back to me so quick. I'm 44 so my reason for jumping over to the faa is that I allwas wanted to be part of the big show and more importantly I wanna max out my high 3. It's gonna be hard to make it to a 10 and higher in 11 years with top 3 in said facility. Am I wrong?
Depends where you go initially and how flexible you are with where you’re willing to go afterwards.

I came into the FAA at a level 5 from prior military and transferred to a 12 in just under 2 years. I know five others that had similar timelines getting in and out quickly but honestly it is all luck of timing. On the flip side I know someone who has been stuck for 4 years and counting trying to get out. As far as you list remember that it ultimately comes down to the “needs of the FAA”. I was offered a five and a buddy with similar experience was offered an 8 so don’t take it personally but I understand your issue

I came into the FAA at a level 5 from prior military and transferred to a 12 in just under 2 years. I know five others that had similar timelines getting in and out quickly but honestly it is all luck of timing. On the flip side I know someone who has been stuck for 4 years and counting trying to get out. As far as you list remember that it ultimately comes down to the “needs of the FAA”. I was offered a five and a buddy with similar experience was offered an 8 so don’t take it personally but I understand your issue
Thanks for the input rl. It's not all about the money for me. I was offered a high paying job doing law enforcement but I rather do what I love and be well rewarded for it. I've know guys that played hardball and it all worked out in their favor. But they were young dudes that didn't give two shits. My timing is more critical...but I hear what your saying.

Realistically if you don't care where you want to go after the initial facility, then you're better off than most. Level 12 centers and tracons are consistently at the top of the PPT (Priority Placement List, you'll learn more about that later) and if all else fails, N90 needs a metric fuckton of people so they'll always be selecting.

Not everyone is going to get a list of facilities they want to go to. My recommendation is to scrub the most current PPT to determine staffing percentages, inbounds, trainees, training time, and number of folks eligible to ERR. It is feasible to select facilities that are well staffed with relatively quick certification times. Then submit an ERR package to get to where you want to end up.

Not everyone is going to get a list of facilities they want to go to. My recommendation is to scrub the most current PPT to determine staffing percentages, inbounds, trainees, training time, and number of folks eligible to ERR. It is feasible to select facilities that are well staffed with relatively quick certification times. Then submit an ERR package to get to where you want to end up.
He understands that. However, almost everyone will have a longer time window than ~11 years to try and get somewhere to get a decent high 3 before they're forced to retire.

My recommendation is only accept a facility that has very good staffing that you're confident you can get released out of if you're really willing to go anywhere to get the high 3. Otherwise I'd take the other career option mentioned.

He understands that. However, almost everyone will have a longer time window than ~11 years to try and get somewhere to get a decent high 3 before they're forced to retire.

My recommendation is only accept a facility that has very good staffing that you're confident you can get released out of if you're really willing to go anywhere to get the high 3. Otherwise I'd take the other career option mentioned.
Thanks dolan you hit the nail right on the head. I've done my research. Take the facility with the highest Manning good location quick chec then err. This is gonna be tough.

Thanks dolan you hit the nail right on the head. I've done my research. Take the facility with the highest Manning good location quick chec then err. This is gonna be tough.
And there never is a confident. Said facility might have great Manning but everyone hates the manager so there is a list of everyone. I thought the decision would not be so tough when my turn came. I seen people turn down ridicusly good facilities...I'm taken aback.

Back
Top Bottom