Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

This spring will be my last semester, and then there's a six-month grace period after graduation, so I guess I should be OK.
Just FYI, student loan debt (or any debt for that matter) has 0 bearing on whether or not you get a TOL. Delinquent debts/collections will affect your ability to get/maintain security clearance. If there are any issues, start making plans and cleaning things up now.

Just FYI, student loan debt (or any debt for that matter) has 0 bearing on whether or not you get a TOL. Delinquent debts/collections will affect your ability to get/maintain security clearance. If there are any issues, start making plans and cleaning things up now.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

So as far as debts are concerned, do they keep checking even after someone becomes a controller, or is it something they check once before offering an FOL? Just curious.

As of right now, I just have over $100K in student loans, which don’t require payment until six months after I graduate. And I’ve also paid half of my car loan and have an excellent credit, so I hope I’m in good shape for the security clearance … if I’m fortunate to make it that far.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

So as far as debts are concerned, do they keep checking even after someone becomes a controller, or is it something they check once before offering an FOL? Just curious.

As of right now, I just have over $100K in student loans, which don’t require payment until six months after I graduate. And I’ve also paid half of my car loan and have an excellent credit, so I hope I’m in good shape for the security clearance … if I’m fortunate to make it that far.
Yeah, you should be fine. The amounts don’t matter as long as you’re not in default or collections. Your credit gets pulled by your security investigator after your TOL when you submit your eQIP (SF86). If you’re paying your debts and have excellent credit then you should be fine on that front.

These days clearance holders are under “Continuous Evaluation” (CE) — you can google it for more info. Long story short, you could get flagged if something comes up down the road (not just financially), and you’ll have to do eQIP every few years anyway. So yes, it will be checked over and over again. Just don’t let things get out of control, and even if they do make arrangements with your creditors, keep records, and be 100% honest when filling out eQIP. The security investigation is trying to develop a picture of your responsibility/behavior.

There's also a forbearance period until end of January 2022 for COVID 19 emergency relief (although I am not sure if this applies to every loan service provider). Just check and if you're about to go into collections, then apply for income driven repayment (IDR) plan, which looks at your income & makes the monthly payments affordable for you

I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread already - but when will we be able to see our scores/referred?
Will it be on the USAJobs or FAA site?

I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread already - but when will we be able to see our scores/referred?
Will it be on the USAJobs or FAA site?
End of the month MAYBE, but probably January or into next year. Just go to usajobs.gov and set your preferences to "email me when a status changes" and you should get an email. Or just keep hitting F5 on this forum. It will blow up once the first person notices.

End of the month MAYBE, but probably January or into next year. Just go to usajobs.gov and set your preferences to "email me when a status changes" and you should get an email. Or just keep hitting F5 on this forum. It will blow up once the first person notices.
I'm not seeing where this option is on USAJobs. Also, did we need to upload references? I don't remember if that was a requirement

I'm not seeing where this option is on USAJobs. Also, did we need to upload references? I don't remember if that was a requirement
Same. I also tried looking for that option and didn’t see it.

I just rechecked the website and I couldn't find it either, which makes me think they changed it. I found my past emails so I know I had it for a fact lol

Capture.PNG

It's in our account where we can view all applied jobs guys, there is a notification settings on the right.Screenshot 2021-12-13 10.48.06 PM.png

Last edited:
“The anticipated number of new controller hires in FY 2021 is 500. This represents a significant reduction to the FY 2021 target of 910 stated in the FY 2020 Controller Workforce Plan. The decrease is driven by ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and our desire to not overload facilities with new hires. This would be the lowest number
of new controller hires since 2013.” Source.

Great, that means pool 2 is pretty much f*cked, right?

“The anticipated number of new controller hires in FY 2021 is 500. This represents a significant reduction to the FY 2021 target of 910 stated in the FY 2020 Controller Workforce Plan. The decrease is driven by ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and our desire to not overload facilities with new hires. This would be the lowest number

On page 43 of the document you cited, it shows the FAA plans to hire 1020 people in the next three years.

Uh, if anything, everybody waiting to head back right now should be more hopeful than ever. The backlogs are starting to be worked through in a lot of places, though this fluctuates. They're going to ramp up academy slots, I'm certain.

Uh, if anything, everybody waiting to head back right now should be more hopeful than ever. The backlogs are starting to be worked through in a lot of places, though this fluctuates. They're going to ramp up academy slots, I'm certain.
Rumors were a class every four days in calendar year 2022 (at least for en route). We will see. Regardless, COVID or not, it is a long and tedious process.

Yeah. That was my bad. I didn’t realize we were in FY 2022 already.

Back
Top Bottom