Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

First, no one truly knows how the complete process goes.

However, I got this directly from the usajobs.gov site, so it's something firsthand at least:

I applied in 2019, got BQ Pool 2, was referred but did not get picked. The description on the screen read that while I fit the criteria, i was not selected "by the algorithm". To me this means that all the slots they needed filled were taken, probably by pool 1 mostly, and while I was eligible, simply didnt get my name drawn out of the hat in time, so to speak.

It's worth nothing that the hiring process has changed a little (shocking) since then, but I myself simply reapplied in Jan 2020 and carried my BQ over, and was picked that time around. So of course, that's what I suggest because it worked for me.

First, no one truly knows how the complete process goes.

However, I got this directly from the usajobs.gov site, so it's something firsthand at least:

I applied in 2019, got BQ Pool 2, was referred but did not get picked. The description on the screen read that while I fit the criteria, i was not selected "by the algorithm". To me this means that all the slots they needed filled were taken, probably by pool 1 mostly, and while I was eligible, simply didnt get my name drawn out of the hat in time, so to speak.

It's worth nothing that the hiring process has changed a little (shocking) since then, but I myself simply reapplied in Jan 2020 and carried my BQ over, and was picked that time around. So of course, that's what I suggest because it worked for me.
Same thing happened to me. Start the academy next Monday.

And the dreaded MMPI … if we make it that far. ?
Oh don't even bring that up, I almost managed to repress it lol.

That actually kinda makes sense except there's a Well Qualified too, so maybe BQ is 90-100%, and WQ is 80-89%. Lol who tf knows.
I'm curious how it's graded - I can't imagine each section is weighted equally. People are stressing bad about "bombing" the whole test because they did poorly on one specific section, but I'm sure anyone who managed well on logic and memory has a fair shot.

I'm curious how it's graded - I can't imagine each section is weighted equally. People are stressing bad about "bombing" the whole test because they did poorly on one specific section, but I'm sure anyone who managed well on logic and memory has a fair shot.
I feel like the collision sim also plays a big part, but you can make the case that the other sections are just as important lol. That’s what makes this all so interesting. The shitty part of all this is the waiting, which type A personalities (which most controllers are from what I’ve read) can’t do!

And the dreaded MMPI … if we make it that far. ?
Yeah not looking forward to this. The tier 2 process sounds like a nightmare.

They don't get referred because they probably missed something in their application, like correctly uploading a transcript or work documents or something.

But if you did get referred, not everyone who gets referred gets a TOL. That is another anxiety-inducing part of this process after we find out our placement next month. It depends on the the hiring cap that they're trying to fill (like if they are hiring 1000 people this year, they'll first hire people with BQs, and then WQ, and then if there are any more spots left -which is rare- then they'll go to Q). You also have to remember that there are two pools. This is why many people who scored Q take the test again to try to get a higher score band for a better chance on the next bid

After we get our placement and whether we are referred or not, we have to wait again for a month or 2 to find out TOL status. Don't think it ends there because there's so many more parts of the selection process after that where it's just a waiting game. We just have to hang tight and take it one step at a time
Yeah I keep forgetting about the two pools. That's weird if you don't get referred because you missed something in the application. You think the FAA would catch that before sending out invites to take the ATSA. I was told if you get BQ or WQ and don't get referred it's because they reached their limit, but who knows.

I take my test tomorrow and currently shitting bricks, so I don't even wanna think about the next part of the process lmao
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Yeah I keep forgetting about the two pools. That's weird if you don't get referred because you missed something in the application. You think the FAA would catch that before sending out invites to take the ATSA. I was told if you get BQ or WQ and don't get referred it's because they reached their limit, but who knows.
Ya, I think so too. I think they catch that stuff before sending out ATSA invites cuz I remember someone on Reddit posted their application got denied cuz they forgot to attach their college transcript. When I applied, I remember I didn't attach my transcript to the documents section because I thought they'd explicitly ask for it later on, but they didn't, so I went back to documents and attached it there. Good thing I did that, or I would've been in that poor person's shoes. They're prob gonna have to reapply again next year. One year of precious time down the drain... We only have til age 30-31? lol.

Ya, I think so too. I think they catch that stuff before sending out ATSA invites cuz I remember someone on Reddit posted their application got denied cuz they forgot to attach their college transcript. When I applied, I remember I didn't attach my transcript to the documents section because I thought they'd explicitly ask for it later on, but they didn't, so I went back to documents and attached it there. Good thing I did that, or I would've been in that poor person's shoes. They're prob gonna have to reapply again next year. One year of precious time down the drain... We only have til age 30-31? lol.
Yeah I saw that on reddit too! I remembered to do it right away when I applied. That would have been terrible to not qualify because of that

Just completed it!

I got 2 wrong on the spatial/visual. For the radar sim, I had about 7 collisions on the first part and 3 on the second (with the math). I answered about 75% of the math questions. I hope that’s not too bad. And I was so mentally exhausted by the logical reasoning part so who knows how shitty I did on that.

Now that that’s over with, I’m drinking heavy tonight

Just completed it!

I got 2 wrong on the spatial/visual. For the radar sim, I had about 7 collisions on the first part and 3 on the second (with the math). I answered about 75% of the math questions. I hope that’s not too bad. And I was so mentally exhausted by the logical reasoning part so who knows how shitty I did on that.

Now that that’s over with, I’m drinking heavy tonight
Congratulations on completion! Enjoy that drink, you earned it!

Someone on Reddit said they saw a post where someone else said you're not likely to get the job if you have student loan debt.

Does anyone know if that's true?

I have over $100K in student loan debt between undergrad and grad school, so am I unlikely to get an offer if I happen to score a BQ on the ATSA?

Someone on Reddit said they saw a post where someone else said you're not likely to get the job if you have student loan debt.

Does anyone know if that's true?

I have over $100K in student loan debt between undergrad and grad school, so am I unlikely to get an offer if I happen to score a BQ on the ATSA?
As long as its not in default, you're fine.

Back
Top Bottom