Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

I’ve noticed a trend… seems like the FAA likes to release information pertaining to these updates on Friday to use the weekend as a back stop to prevent us from bombarding them with calls and emails. This buys them time to respond to all the inquires or even ignore them and buy them some time. Anyone else notice this?

well that is contradicting and defeats the purpose of not wanting to start you off at busy facilities!
My dad works for the FAA and he always told me, don’t tell the FAA what you want, you won’t get it. You’ll get the opposite. This is exactly how the government is for those of you that have never worked for a government agency. Nothing makes sense, if you try to apply common sense, you’ll lose your mind trying to figure it out.

I been working for the government already for 7 years now, and I still can’t figure it out either. I just gave up trying to figure any of it out.

There’s no such thing as a level 7 center, you may get a slower sector but all centers are level 10-12. You nor anyone is ready to handle busy tower traffic after the academy. It’s not contradicting it’s common sense.
Pretty sure Guam and San Juan are below Level 10.

My dad works for the FAA and he always told me, don’t tell the FAA what you want, you won’t get it. You’ll get the opposite. This is exactly how the government is for those of you that have never worked for a government agency. Nothing makes sense, if you try to apply common sense, you’ll lose your mind trying to figure it out.

I been working for the government already for 7 years now, and I still can’t figure it out either. I just gave up trying to figure any of it out.
Working for the post office I definitely can vouch for this they aren’t exactly friends of logic lol

A friend at the academy right now just told me that if you make it through you will be offered a facility in the lower 48 and stuff like Alaska or Guam is given sometimes as alternate choices. So if you were worried, like me, about getting stuck in buttfuk Alaska you can put your mind at ease.

A friend at the academy right now just told me that if you make it through you will be offered a facility in the lower 48 and stuff like Alaska or Guam is given sometimes as alternate choices. So if you were worried, like me, about getting stuck in buttfuk Alaska you can put your mind at ease.
That's not always the case. You can have Guam, San Juan, and Alaska as a mandatory option. They are typically alternates but they can be mandatory if their staffing gets low enough.

The FAA loves sending new hires to Alaska. Just ask flight service.

Believe me, there are mandatory assignments that can make buttfuk Alaska look like a dream.

That's not always the case. You can have Guam, San Juan, and Alaska as a mandatory option. They are typically alternates but they can be mandatory if their staffing gets low enough.
Even if they’re mandatory though, you’ll still be given at least 1 alternate. The chances of someone being forced to an OCONUS location are slim. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Believe me, there are mandatory assignments that can make buttfuk Alaska look like a dream.
idk man I'd rather take "everyone's family tree is a circle" Alabama than "no sunlight 6 months a year" butfuk Alaska. That being said there's a lot of shitty places in the US. But let's be real. Right now is not the time to worry about where you'll be going IF you get a TOL, IF you get through basics, IF you get through academy, and IF you graduate. One step at a time bros.

I
idk man I'd rather take "everyone's family tree is a circle" Alabama than "no sunlight 6 months a year" butfuk Alaska. That being said there's a lot of shitty places in the US. But let's be real. Right now is not the time to worry about where you'll be going IF you get a TOL, IF you get through basics, IF you get through academy, and IF you graduate. One step at a time bros.
It’s one thing to live somewhere shitty or boring. It’s another thing entirely to live somewhere shitty or boring and also be poor.

Even if they’re mandatory though, you’ll still be given at least 1 alternate. The chances of someone being forced to an OCONUS location are slim. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.
Speaking from a recent terminal class. Alternates are not always given. Sometimes you end up with 6 choices. 4/6 of which are 2 facilities.

Hey everyone, I've been trying to find an answer to this but I already have a bad feeling I know what it means. I took my ATSA test on 12/4/2021 and since then I've been constantly checking to see what I got. I checked the Pearson VUE website and the status of the test says "Delivery Successful." I checked usajobs.gov and on the application it says highlighted in yellow "Reviewing Applications." When I click on "track this application" and get redirected to the FAA application system all I get it "A list of applicants has been sent to the office with this announcement. Your application was not included at this time." I'm worried that I got "Not Referred" so if anyone can help clear this up I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Hey everyone, I've been trying to find an answer to this but I already have a bad feeling I know what it means. I took my ATSA test on 12/4/2021 and since then I've been constantly checking to see what I got. I checked the Pearson VUE website and the status of the test says "Delivery Successful." I checked usajobs.gov and on the application it says highlighted in yellow "Reviewing Applications." When I click on "track this application" and get redirected to the FAA application system all I get it "A list of applicants has been sent to the office with this announcement. Your application was not included at this time." I'm worried that I got "Not Referred" so if anyone can help clear this up I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys.
It means you didn’t qualify and weren’t referred.

It means you didn’t qualify and weren’t referred.
Had a bad feeling it would be that...thanks for the reply :(

So what's next then? Wait for another bid to open and retake the ATSA test? I don't suppose that my application would eventually be included at a different time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom