Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Since I know this is probably directed toward me:

One, I didn’t mention HR anywhere. I simply mentioned a source, which could be anybody. And no, I don’t reveal sources.

And two, if applicants want to call HR, then they have the right to do so since it is about their career, not yours.

Have a blessed day, sir. ??‍♂️
This was directed at anyone and everyone that does it. Slows process down. I have no idea which post you’re referring to you think was about you or whatever source you’re talking about and am too lazy to go back and look.

It took the people from the first class of the 2020 bid over nine months to start receiving TOLs and over a year and ten months to get through the academy and get to the facility and as I said that was the first class of the 2020 bid. Relax

It took the people from the first class of the 2020 bid over nine months to start receiving TOLs and over a year and ten months to get through the academy and get to the facility and as I said that was the first class of the 2020 bid. Relax
And Tier 2 lasts even longer

Last edited:
This. Even after the TOL, y'all still got a ways to go. Just try to forget you even applied and save yourself some sanity.

If there is anything someone can study to prepare for OKC, what would you suggest? While we wait
I’m still waiting to attend academy myself… The guys just in front of me have said to keep it to the NATO phonetic alphabet and that’s it. According to them, this is because you’ll be learning “the FAA way” so it’s better to go in a blank slate then burden yourself with having to unlearn certain things.

I don’t advocate patience to be condescending. I was (and still am, to a lesser extent) in your guys’ situation only a short time ago, hotly anticipating a TOL and all of the potential roadblocks I didn’t even end up encountering. Looking back, I’d have saved myself the stress by just dealing with it as it came. Aside from security, every step took at least a month to report back. I’m going on two since fully clearing, and I’ve resigned to checking in every month just to see where I’m at.

It’s a stressful job, and the training is no exception, from what I understand. I think that we’d all benefit from taking it easy before we live and breath aviation everyday for potentially the rest of our working lives.

I’m still waiting to attend academy myself… The guys just in front of me have said to keep it to the NATO phonetic alphabet and that’s it. According to them, this is because you’ll be learning “the FAA way” so it’s better to go in a blank slate then burden yourself with having to unlearn certain things.

I don’t advocate patience to be condescending. I was (and still am, to a lesser extent) in your guys’ situation only a short time ago, hotly anticipating a TOL and all of the potential roadblocks I didn’t even end up encountering. Looking back, I’d have saved myself the stress by just dealing with it as it came. Aside from security, every step took at least a month to report back. I’m going on two since fully clearing, and I’ve resigned to checking in every month just to see where I’m at.

It’s a stressful job, and the training is no exception, from what I understand. I think that we’d all benefit from taking it easy before we live and breath aviation everyday for potentially the rest of our working lives.
Well said. Thanks and good luck to us!

Someone on Reddit just posted this:

Reddit.jpg

But my app still says this:

Mine.png

Should I be concerned?

What update is on your AVIATOR page, the old one with your result, or the new one?

i wouldn’t stress it. The app also says this:
“ If you are not selected, your application status in AVIATOR will be changed to "You have not been selected." Status updates will not occur until the referral lists are closed out, which may be up to 180 days”

Not worth panicking for 6 months, plus don’t they come out in waves?

i wouldn’t stress it. The app also says this:
“ If you are not selected, your application status in AVIATOR will be changed to "You have not been selected." Status updates will not occur until the referral lists are closed out, which may be up to 180 days”

Not worth panicking for 6 months, plus don’t they come out in waves?
I wasn’t aware they come out in waves. That makes me feel better.

I wasn’t aware they come out in waves. That makes me feel better.
yes and no. MOST people will get their TOL on the same day, very few will get it past that same day. I wouldn't even really call it "waves". If you don't get your TOL when everyone else is getting it, odds are you probably won't get one

edit: also, people got it in alphabetical order of last name last bid, so you might get your TOL a little bit later compared to those who have last name A, but you'll still get it on the same day

yes and no. MOST people will get their TOL on the same day, very few will get it past that same day. I wouldn't even really call it "waves". If you don't get your TOL when everyone else is getting it, odds are you probably won't get one

edit: also, people got it in alphabetical order of last name last bid, so you might get your TOL a little bit later compared to those who have last name A, but you'll still get it on the same day
Not true. My last name is toward the end of the alphabet and I got my TOL the first day they came out and pretty much right at the same time people started posting

Not true. My last name is toward the end of the alphabet and I got my TOL the first day they came out and pretty much right at the same time people started posting
read what I wrote again. "so you might get your TOL a little bit later compared to those who have last name A, but you'll still get it on the same day"
I vividly remember not everyone got TOL at the same exact time, but we all got it on the same day

Back
Top Bottom