Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Y’all need to learn to have some patience. The best thing you can do is just forget you ever applied. I’m coming up on 2-years since I applied and I’m still waiting for a class date. Hopefully none of you get Tier II otherwise you’ll be in for even more disappointment… ?
Tell em! Lol coming up on 2 years and did go tier 2. Waiting on pysch exam appt currently.

Y’all need to learn to have some patience. The best thing you can do is just forget you ever applied. I’m coming up on 2-years since I applied and I’m still waiting for a class date. Hopefully none of you get Tier II otherwise you’ll be in for even more disappointment… ?
Tell em! Lol coming up on 2 years and did go tier 2. Waiting on pysch exam appt currently.
Can you tell us what you think caused a tier II?

Makes me wonder if they go through medical records, maybe it’s different for veterans.
They will look a med records as well but mine was the MMPI. Not really sure why I didn't pass but we will find out. I'm confident I'll clear but it does add quite a bit of time.

They will look a med records as well but mine was the MMPI. Not really sure why I didn't pass but we will find out. I'm confident I'll clear but it does add quite a bit of time.
I wasn’t aware that tier II could take that long… is there any confirmation they give you that the FAA hasn’t forgotten about you?

Ive been in the Tier 2 system for 2+ years and counting
This might be a stupid question, and maybe it's been asked before, but why does the FAA use the MMPI test when using it for non-clinical populations is controversial since it's not intended to be used that way?

There's gotta be a better way to evaluate psychological stability for workers in high-risk professions. Or at least, since the FAA needs controllers so badly, they shouldn't take their sweet ass time with those who get Tier 2ed.

This might be a stupid question, and maybe it's been asked before, but why does the FAA use the MMPI test when using it for non-clinical populations is controversial since it's not intended to be used that way?

There's gotta be a better way to evaluate psychological stability for workers in high-risk professions. Or at least, since the FAA needs controllers so badly, they shouldn't take their sweet ass time with those who get Tier 2ed.
Beats me, especially since I've been doing this job for about 8 years now outside the FAA. I don't disagree that a job with this level of importance needs a screening process, but the current one is just so damn inefficient. I think a good solution might be to make everyone get a one on one psych eval with an FAA approved psychologist along with their MMPI-2 test. And if they fail THAT exam, then and only then, subject them to the rigorous Tier 2 process.

Beats me, especially since I've been doing this job for about 8 years now outside the FAA. I don't disagree that a job with this level of importance needs a screening process, but the current one is just so damn inefficient. I think a good solution might be to make everyone get a one on one psych eval with an FAA approved psychologist along with their MMPI-2 test. And if they fail THAT exam, then and only then, subject them to the rigorous Tier 2 process.
Sounds like a good idea. Do you know why exactly they take so long? Is it because there are few FAA psychologists, and they're super backed up? Or is it that the whole system is just so inefficient and FUBAR?

That would be so ridiculously expensive when traditionally less than 10% of people fail the MMPi

That would be so ridiculously expensive when traditionally less than 10% of people fail the MMPi
Read the hat, pal

That sucks. Hope that shit gets sorted out for you this year.
Thanks, I've already had my appointment so I'm closer to the end. It truly is a shitty process and if anyone reading this happens to get Tier 2'd off this bid I recommend reading deep into Tier 2 specific thread. Great info there, it helped me a bunch

I wasn’t aware that tier II could take that long… is there any confirmation they give you that the FAA hasn’t forgotten about you?
They know about us. Just got an email about a week ago. Just inefficient.

I don't think the MMPI is very efficient, however, I understand costs but they need to make the Tier 2 process more efficient. Less than 10% and it takes them this long is just crazy. It's almost just like they hope we will give up.

With my luck, if I make it through the process. I’d get tier 2’d and get to the academy by the time I’m 33 lol
I'm not far behind you.

Thanks, I've already had my appointment so I'm closer to the end. It truly is a shitty process and if anyone reading this happens to get Tier 2'd off this bid I recommend reading deep into Tier 2 specific thread. Great info there, it helped me a bunch
Hopefully I'm not far behind. When did you get notified and when did you have your appt?

Sounds like a good idea. Do you know why exactly they take so long? Is it because there are few FAA psychologists, and they're super backed up? Or is it that the whole system is just so inefficient and FUBAR?
I think it's the latter.

Back
Top Bottom