Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

so happy for everyone that got your location today! best of luck! ive been fully cleared but still waiting on a airport list, hopefully thats soon (im separating in june). Does anyone have any idea once you get a location how soon u can report? I know they give you 3 dates just curious whats the avg report time after you get location
I think that it varies and is more than likely based off of pay periods closest to the date of availability you provided way back when. You can scroll back in this thread and see that people have negotiated for later start dates, weeks to months after what was apparently offered. There’s a group of us active duty people now who all get out around the same time as you, and maybe I’m being hopeful but I think we could see lists by the end of next month.

Guess it is person or hiring bid dependent. I got hired on the feb 2015 bid and had like 25ish locations to choose from
Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe it was 2013 or 14 but everyone was getting small lists. Some did have 9s and 10s, but they were rare. It was a pretty new process IIRC.

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe it was 2013 or 14 but everyone was getting small lists. Some did have 9s and 10s, but they were rare. It was a pretty new process IIRC.
I think there's a lot more facs projected below 85% which normally seems to be the criteria to pop up on a list. My list in 2018 had about 15.

my wifes on that track rn, not happy with MI
Godspeed, I’m trying to prep mine now with calm talks reminding her of all the places the Navy has sent me against my will, at least we get a say, how it’s a top 10 “you get what you get” situation but… negotiations are at a standstill.

Anybody have LM for HR rep? Not getting anything from her. Finished CIL items a month ago just trying to get an update.

Last edited:
Anybody have LM for HR rep? Not getting anything from her. Finished CIL items a month ago just trying to get an update.
I also have LM and if it’s the same one I’ve had a hell of a time getting ahold of her as well. Like everyone else said, I called HR directly and they were really helpful.

Applied to RVA to bridge the gap with military and FAA (Will start tentatively on terminal). Figure it won't hurt to start and figure it all out sooner rather than later.

Good for you though. What’s weird is his CTOs (McChord, Eglin, Osan) according to the military to FAA level comparison chart are all level 4s and for WSMR, which I’m guessing is under KHMN, is only a 5. Maybe length in service helps?

How pissed would people be if they started giving prior-mil experience dope lists again. I remember 2016 and years prior short lists of level 10-12 were basically the norm for everyone getting out at my base then it was lists of 8-10s for a short time then fucking 30+ facilities from level 4-9.

EDIT: saw you had about 10 years of experience, if you went through Keesler in the first half of 2013 we probably their together. Lol Love seeing folks get out and moving on up!
Eglin is a 4?! Damn! I haven't been able to start my CIL yet, but my radar experience is Nellis, Kunsan, and now Spangdahlem. Nellis gave me en route ratings although I doubt they'll count for much. I'm interested to see what I get for my list when I eventually get it.

Eglin is a 4?! Damn! I haven't been able to start my CIL yet, but my radar experience is Nellis, Kunsan, and now Spangdahlem. Nellis gave me en route ratings although I doubt they'll count for much. I'm interested to see what I get for my list when I eventually get it.
The list that was floating around, although outdated, had Eglin as a 10. I'm not sure where they got 4 from.

Back
Top Bottom