Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

I think it's an insane take to think just because someone is healthy going to the gym consistently that they should be less likely to have a disability.

One of the most jacked guys I've ever met has 80%, most of it being from a hernia mesh implant. It's also very possible to have some sort of mental disability. I know it's a taboo word but there are controllers with VA disability for depression and cleared to work.

My take on all this shit, dity move and all. I personally am not going to load cinder blocks in my moving truck or claim PTSD because that one trainer made me carry around a brick. If it's not directly affecting you, why do you care what other people are doing with their DITY move/disability?
For the 10000th time, move yourself, that’s fine.

But when people pull the moving schemes like loading down their truck or driving out of the way for mileage, just because you don’t THINK it directly affects you, it actually does.

The DoD had some billion something dollars unaccounted for at the last audit. I don’t know about you guys, but when I was in the Navy, if our supply PO managed the cash well, we had a small surplus at the end of the year that we spent on a new TV for the break room, better chairs, just small quality of life shit that made us happy.

Everyone did what they were supposed to do, and as a result our lives got better. Not saying it kept people from being depressed, but it helped.

Now imagine if said supply PO didn’t care and we didn’t have that surplus. Small things do in fact contribute to depression, and, hypothetically said Sailor has a terrible life and now is just one thing closer to depression.

Sailor gets depressed, gets out, and now the VA feels the need to pay them $3000 for the rest of their life. EVEN MORE strain on the budget.

So just because you don’t think little scams affect you directly, they actually affect all of us in a major way indirectly. More strain on a shitty budget for a country in debt, and more money unaccounted for in the system.

To totally change directions:

I made my last transmission today as an AF ATC. Still hasn't hit me yet that I'm getting out and finally getting a chance at the FAA. Oh, I also got my fingerprints taken today and mailed them off. Hopefully they get there quick and I can get started on eQIP soon! Now I get to focus on all the last minute shit of packing my house and flying my family and dog back home to Florida. Stoked!

But when people pull the moving schemes like loading down their truck or driving out of the way for mileage, just because you don’t THINK it directly affects you, it actually does.

The DoD had some billion something dollars unaccounted for at the last audit. I don’t know about you guys, but when I was in the Navy, if our supply PO managed the cash well, we had a small surplus at the end of the year that we spent on a new TV for the break room, better chairs, just small quality of life shit that made us happy.

Everyone did what they were supposed to do, and as a result our lives got better. Not saying it kept people from being depressed, but it helped.

Now imagine if said supply PO didn’t care and we didn’t have that surplus. Small things do in fact contribute to depression, and, hypothetically said Sailor has a terrible life and now is just one thing closer to depression.

Sailor gets depressed, gets out, and now the VA feels the need to pay them $3000 for the rest of their life. EVEN MORE strain on the budget.

So just because you don’t think little scams affect you directly, they actually affect all of us in a major way indirectly. More strain on a shitty budget for a country in debt, and more money unaccounted for in the system.
We get it man, you want to be management. Just forward this post with your resume and you should be a shoe in.

Fuck me for being the only non-morally corrupt individual on this thread who just wants good things for this world.

I hope I never have to work with people like you.
Watch this, then tell me who you are. There is a drastic difference between reality and theory.

You really typed this out and thought you said something huh?

Maybe there’s some irony in getting agitated that people keep calling you out on your opinion after calling out someone else’s opinion.

Your sailors aren’t getting depression from hand-me-down chairs from other divisions on base (like we had). They might possibly be getting depression because they have an already shitty work schedule working six day weeks then your divo, LCPO, and LPO thought it would be a great idea to have all E4 and below muster at the tower after the airfield closed at 10pm to field day until 4am when some sailors had to be at the armory for gate duty at 530. (The military type of cleaning: senior chief on a 20ft ladder running his finger over the top of an I beam that just got dusted saying “Ope still dusty, that’s 2 more hours of field day!”) Or had them “polish rocks” in front of the terminal in 105° heat for 8 hours straight. On a six day schedule because of manning but instead of training, you’re polishing rocks. Those same sailors get out because of shitty morale but don’t have a CTO because NATOPS says E4 and below, first command only get their bottom five quals in an up/down and sit and rust for 2-3 years once they’re qualified but pride and bureaucracy got in the way of qualifying quality controllers and it’s this perpetual cycle. Because of the shitty command, shitty morale, and ego, controllers/sailors get out under qualified and forced to go the academy route further extending the suck.

Everyone is spot on. Your out of touch mentality is perfect for management.

“Chief, I saw Airmen Seamen walking through the parking lot without a cover on this morning. Just thought you should know because I know how much you value our representation on base.”

- ArtVandelay, probably

You really typed this out and thought you said something huh?

Maybe there’s some irony in getting agitated that people keep calling you out on your opinion after calling out someone else’s opinion.

Your sailors aren’t getting depression from hand-me-down chairs from other divisions on base (like we had). They might possibly be getting depression because they have an already shitty work schedule working six day weeks then your divo, LCPO, and LPO thought it would be a great idea to have all E4 and below muster at the tower after the airfield closed at 10pm to field day until 4am when some sailors had to be at the armory for gate duty at 530. (The military type of cleaning: senior chief on a 20ft ladder running his finger over the top of an I beam that just got dusted saying “Ope still dusty, that’s 2 more hours of field day!”) Or had them “polish rocks” in front of the terminal in 105° heat for 8 hours straight. On a six day schedule because of manning but instead of training, you’re polishing rocks. Those same sailors get out because of shitty morale but don’t have a CTO because NATOPS says E4 and below, first command only get their bottom five quals in an up/down and sit and rust for 2-3 years once they’re qualified but pride and bureaucracy got in the way of qualifying quality controllers and it’s this perpetual cycle. Because of the shitty command, shitty morale, and ego, controllers/sailors get out under qualified and forced to go the academy route further extending the suck.

Everyone is spot on. Your out of touch mentality is perfect for management.

“Chief, I saw Airmen Seamen walking through the parking lot without a cover on this morning. Just thought you should know because I know how much you value our representation on base.”

- ArtVandelay, probably

Or “You only get your CTO if you reenlist, but you are still local certified” -a previous ATCFO. Unrelated we finally did get new chairs.

Or “You only get your CTO if you reenlist, but you are still local certified” -a previous ATCFO. Unrelated we finally did get new chairs.
Perfect. I was going to include that in my list of demands in my interview. For the sailors of course.

I saw them tell E6s with 2 years left on their contract that they aren’t giving them their LC ticket until they reenlist and the sailor said they wouldn’t reenlist until they got LC. They called her bluff and she got out. I saw 15 year E6s separate because of the bullshit the CoC pulled. There are far greater issues than debatably shitty chairs but I digress.

That facility is a mismanaged hell hole, and the contract tower next to it is sketchy at best. I’m grateful for my time there, but holy hell was leaving there an eye opener.
Hey : )

That facility is a mismanaged hell hole, and the contract tower next to it is sketchy at best. I’m grateful for my time there, but holy hell was leaving there an eye opener.
The current one has done a lot to clean it up, I tip my proverbial hat to him for cleaning up the dumpster fire. The rest… well…

How’d you find that out? And why?
Found out through email that they are looking over my ratings again to determine quote “to determine the most appropriate rating to best apply towards your prior experience so you can receive the most appropriate list for the needs of the FAA”
TLDR I’ve been in Tier 2 since 2021 so at this point I’m not surprised I’m still gonna wait some more. ?‍♂️

Found out through email that they are looking over my ratings again to determine quote “to determine the most appropriate rating to best apply towards your prior experience so you can receive the most appropriate list for the needs of the FAA”
TLDR I’ve been in Tier 2 since 2021 so at this point I’m not surprised I’m still gonna wait some more. ?‍♂️
Interesting, what is your experience if you do not mind me asking?

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Interesting, what is your experience if you do not mind me asking?
MCF, CFO, and currently at BKF I do have a really good relationship with the district here in Denver and I from what they tell me they are hurting bad for people not only at DEN but all the satellite airports as well so I don’t know if someone is pulling strings from their end.

Last edited:
TMO should allow you to designate someone to be there to “release” your household goods that way you can still push forward with your move. If they don’t that’s kind bs.
You can if you give that person power of attorney rights, I had that issue when PCS-ing from my stateside location to Korea.

Back
Top Bottom