Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

Nope. Might have been because back then I was dirt poor as a GS-5 at 28k a year willing to sneak into a movie theatre, but now because I make that high salary I'd pay for it.
Ive taken the mmpi 3 times now and I swear if I ever fail it I will have strong words for the people doing my paperwork to make sure I’m never hired by the agency again 😂

Am I under the right assumption that the recent lists we've been seeing are going to be similarly offered to anyone in the near future?
For the most part. Depending on your experience, you may not see the level 8's+

Finally fully medically cleared. Flight surgeon moved incredibly quickly (1-2 weeks) after I sent over all my information for an exception for ADHD history. Hoping they send out offer lists soon--I leave the military in a month.😅

Just did my medical screening today. They might recommend I get my vision corrected. Anyone know what that process would be like, or possible timeline?

That machine was no joke though. Was tougher than any I've seen in the Navy. I never had an issue with those including 3 months ago when I last got my physical.

Just did my medical screening today. They might recommend I get my vision corrected. Anyone know what that process would be like, or possible timeline?

That machine was no joke though. Was tougher than any I've seen in the Navy. I never had an issue with those including 3 months ago when I last got my physical.
No idea what machine you're referring to.

No idea what machine you're referring to.
Similar to the one I used in the Navy. You press your forehead onto it diagonally and look into the lenses to read.
I called back to ask and they said my near sight was the problem. So I guess I'll have to get glasses even though my vision is fine up to about 4 inches from my face. Oh well.

Well gents, I won't be getting a facility preference list. I was offered a direct hire to FAI, which is exactly what I wanted (shocking, I know--but I'm already in the area.)

Good luck to the rest of you all! Maybe one or two more will pick/be given FAI :) Don't be scared of the weather--it *legitimately* is something you get used to. Nobody is really outside for very long in the worst part of winter, anyway, except for nutjobs.

Well gents, I won't be getting a facility preference list. I was offered a direct hire to FAI, which is exactly what I wanted (shocking, I know--but I'm already in the area.)

Good luck to the rest of you all! Maybe one or two more will pick/be given FAI :) Don't be scared of the weather--it *legitimately* is something you get used to. Nobody is really outside for very long in the worst part of winter, anyway, except for nutjobs.
Congrats brother, enjoy!

FAI needs more people like you brother

They hired someone local and they want to stay?! Must be a one off thing they’ll never try again.
Here is why it will not work in the future:

1. Personal happiness of the individual should NEVER be taken into account, we must take the local to FAI and send them to TMB and the person from TMB to FAI

2. This was a complete management fluke, additional boondoggles for up to 3 weeks per FLM that can only be to Vegas during "busy traffic season" shall be approved to rectify this egregious oversight.

3. We have filed an "Unfair Hiring Practice" lawsuit against the agency by some random person in in the DAY locality who was sent to Guam.

Also I know for a fact RVA will bypass the 1 year cto rule. They’re desperate for controllers at a lot of facilities.

That should be tied to a payback program or something similar to how some flight schools work.

Certify
Pro-time
Instructor course
Instructor

Take a pay cut to pay back credit for the school and a prorated figure or something. But why would they do that when people don’t ask for it ?
I've been waiting to hear back from RVA for a couple of weeks, maybe I unluckily applied to the 15 odd facilities at full manning 😅

I've been waiting to hear back from RVA for a couple of weeks, maybe I unluckily applied to the 15 odd facilities at full manning 😅
If you need contact info, I can maybe help you get ahold of someone to at least talk to. When applied back in the day I didn't get an email until a year later.

Back
Top Bottom