Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

Are you going to accept it?
Not a chance I’m going back loved my time there but 5yrs in BFE for average pay isn’t worth it. Moved to one of the busiest contract towers in the nation for the last yr but I guess the red headed step children don’t get taken into placement consideration by whoever comes out with lists in Oklahoma City lmao 😂

Not a chance I’m going back loved my time there but 5yrs in BFE for average pay isn’t worth it. Moved to one of the busiest contract towers in the nation for the last yr but I guess the red headed step children don’t get taken into placement consideration by whoever comes out with lists in Oklahoma City lmao 😂
IWA?

I got offered my previous facility….again. Even after a year out I’m thrilled.
So I got word that the reason was because the referral list was two months before my year was up out of the agency. Even though they made me go through the entire screening process again and I completed the process 2 months after my year date I’m still stuck with my old facility. Does anyone have a reference as to where this is even written down because from what I’ve read in the previous exp sop there’s nothing and in the reinstatement it just says 12 months out of the agency or your offered your previous facility. I get it that last line isn’t well defined I just don’t get how that’s my fault…

So I got word that the reason was because the referral list was two months before my year was up out of the agency. Even though they made me go through the entire screening process again and I completed the process 2 months after my year date I’m still stuck with my old facility. Does anyone have a reference as to where this is even written down because from what I’ve read in the previous exp sop there’s nothing and in the reinstatement it just says 12 months out of the agency or your offered your previous facility. I get it that last line isn’t well defined I just don’t get how that’s my fault…
Are you applying on a previous experience bid or the reinstatement process, both are different with different SOP’s.

Are you applying on a previous experience bid or the reinstatement process, both are different with different SOP’s.
Previous experience bid. I’m aware they are different but I don’t think the FAA is because they keep interchanging the rules of both it seems like lol

Previous experience bid. I’m aware they are different but I don’t think the FAA is because they keep interchanging the rules of both it seems like lol
Yeah no surprises there, such a well oiled government run operation.

Have you asked or did they tell you that you will need to wait another year to apply?
Haven’t asked they did say in that same email on the next bid you will get an actual list. Currently 14 months out because the hiring process takes 6 months lol

So you have to be out 1 full year before the bid or 1 full year by the time you get onto the referral list to be able to receive a list?

If anyone is in the same boat, I have terminal in December and in my TOL email they said they'd message me later when I'm closer to separating. I called today and they told me to try calling back one to two months before December if they haven't by then.

So you have to be out 1 full year before the bid or 1 full year by the time you get onto the referral list to be able to receive a list?
1 full year before the referral list is what they told me. Whoever set that rule up is something else though. If that’s the case I want my seniority to start that same time maybe their hiring process would be a little quicker lol

If anyone is in the same boat, I have terminal in December and in my TOL email they said they'd message me later when I'm closer to separating. I called today and they told me to try calling back one to two months before December if they haven't by then.

My terminal starts 18 Aug and I got my EODS (next step after TOL) 14 JUL. You should get it about a month before terminal as they also had me waiting for next steps.

Have you by any chance sent them a Statement of Service yet? I got my EODS the day after I sent them that (not sure if it was that or just the timing)

Back
Top Bottom