Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

At least for Midwest towers now if you switch to NATCA then they take a portion out of every check.
The question was whether they retroactively charge dues if a contract tower unionizes, because they retroactively increase your seniority date. If they don't retroactively charge dues then people have a right to be salty about the seniority jump...

The question was whether they retroactively charge dues if a contract tower unionizes, because they retroactively increase your seniority date. If they don't retroactively charge dues then people have a right to be salty about the seniority jump...
As far as I am aware they only count your NATCA time from the time your tower joined while you were there. If you worked there for 5 years and tower was only NATCA for the last year they should only be giving you 1 years worth of time which they would have already paid dues for. If someone got credited for 5 years in that situation someone messed up.

I actually have a copy of the NATCA agreement on my desk so I can pull any actual info from it if something is needed.

The situation at hand (if I had to guess) is someone who joined NATCA after they got qualified or something and the facrep backdated their NATCA date to the first day of employment instead of the day they got qualified or “joined” the union. Just a guess.

Has anyone actually received word back from this hiring announcement? I applied and attached all the required documentation including my CTO cards, but haven't gotten any sort of email yet.

Has anyone actually received word back from this hiring announcement? I applied and attached all the required documentation including my CTO cards, but haven't gotten any sort of email yet.
I don’t remember the exact timeline, but it took atleast 2 months to get a TOL.

Thanks. I just figured there might be some sort of "got your application" besides the confirmation on the FAA app website, but maybe not.

Thanks. I just figured there might be some sort of "got your application" besides the confirmation on the FAA app website, but maybe not.
From what I understand the USAjobs portion that directs you to the FAA listing will let you know if your application didn’t make it through eventually. If everything is good, you just have to wait out for the TOL.

Trackin. On AVIATOR it still says "received", which is a change from the last time I checked and it said "submitted." Guess it'll just be a waiting game. Hopefully, I'm not too far out. I'll be going on terminal leave in September.

Trackin. On AVIATOR it still says "received", which is a change from the last time I checked and it said "submitted." Guess it'll just be a waiting game. Hopefully, I'm not too far out. I'll be going on terminal leave in September.
You will be in a perfect time frame if you get a TOL. FAA bases availability off separation date, not terminal though. I separate in June, Terminal in April.

As far as I am aware they only count your NATCA time from the time your tower joined while you were there. If you worked there for 5 years and tower was only NATCA for the last year they should only be giving you 1 years worth of time which they would have already paid dues for. If someone got credited for 5 years in that situation someone messed up.

I actually have a copy of the NATCA agreement on my desk so I can pull any actual info from it if something is needed.
This isn’t what is happening. We just had someone jump 10 people in seniority because a contract tower they worked at years ago became natca while he was already at our facility for 5 years

Just saw my update on the FAA's site. I am now on the referral list. How long after hitting this list do you possibly hear from someone?

Back
Top Bottom