FAA to DoD retirement

DankVectorz

Legendary Member
FAA
Facility
N90 New York Tracon
If someone were to go from the FAA to the DoD does their high 3 still count from the FAA? Is DoD FERS?

I'm not sure but I believe high 3 is high 3 regardless of the agency because it is opm that dictates retirement. DoD is most definitely FERS.

That is correct it is your highest 36 months. Ive gone from the Dod to the FAA back to the DoD and if you can believe it BACK to the FAA. There is a guy i work with that has gone to the FAA twice and back to the DoD three times,lol

Innnteresting. So who has experience with that direct hire/apply to the facility thing once you've been gone from the FAA more then 6 months?

I tried, it didn't go as expected, no one seemed to know how to handle it. The strange thing is, when I did finally get picked up the traditional way, The hire was categorized as a direct hire. I guess because I was a prior CPC. Honestly, I don't care how I was picked up, just glad I was picked up and got my first choice.

Innnteresting. So who has experience with that direct hire/apply to the facility thing once you've been gone from the FAA more then 6 months?
Where can I find some more info on this. Almost seems like a good viable option now that the NCEPT is choking peoples hopes and dreams to get to their desired facility

Back
Top Bottom