Facility Instructor Training (FIT) Course (FAA10501)

HighFrequency

Trusted Contributor
Has anyone here taken the FIT course in OKC or elsewhere? I'm on admin duty after I lost my medical, and my ATM is offering to send me to the MMAC to take this. Definitely plan on going, just wanted to see what it's going to be like. I'm with Alaska FSS and I suspect I'll be the only one with that background there. I've been able to revamp some of my facilities training material and courses, and this seems like it would help build those skills.

Thanks!

Has anyone here taken the FIT course in OKC or elsewhere? I'm on admin duty after I lost my medical, and my ATM is offering to send me to the MMAC to take this. Definitely plan on going, just wanted to see what it's going to be like. I'm with Alaska FSS and I suspect I'll be the only one with that background there. I've been able to revamp some of my facilities training material and courses, and this seems like it would help build those skills.

Thanks!
You have to retain a medical to work FSS?

You have to retain a medical to work FSS?
Kind of crazy, right? All the same requirements as a regular 2152 anywhere else. I can't even give a weather briefing without one. Just how it is unfortunately. Leidos FSS doesn't require one, just us FAA people in AK.

Thanks!
Yeah it’s a really stupid course but I guess you might as well go. It was like a week and a half. It’s not ATC centered.

Yeah it’s a really stupid course but I guess you might as well go. It was like a week and a half. It’s not ATC centered.
The basic blurb I found on the MMAC Course Catalog makes it sound like it goes over some basic presenter type stuff, and ends with mock demonstrations to your other classmates. That sound about right? I'm always down for a trip with per diem either way.

The basic blurb I found on the MMAC Course Catalog makes it sound like it goes over some basic presenter type stuff, and ends with mock demonstrations to your other classmates. That sound about right? I'm always down for a trip with per diem either way.
That’s exactly what you do. You make a presentation on PowerPoint and then present it and get feedback lol.

Took it about 13 years ago down there. It’s an easy course.

If you are comfortable being in front of people and talking and can use a computer it’s as simple as it gets. It’s exactly as described in the course catalog as you said-

OKC is also super miserable in August, but my rep back in the day grieved some stuff the agency did, and then got us a bunch of spots. So he said you assholes better go!

Thanks!
It is a diverse class and I actually was the only one who was in ATC. there were tech ops, a fss member, people from contracting, accounting and several other offices in my class.

I took it 10+ years ago but I am sure it hasnt changed much. But I thought it was a great course. Get taught how to create and present in a specific format the way the gov wants you too. But didnt find anything wrong with that. It really helped with adding to my public speaking and presentation skills. I am a black sheep when it comes to OKC...because I always love the chance to get down there. Have a good time! Sorry bout the medical.

Back
Top Bottom