Fighting The Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect, An EO is only for the Executive branch not the people.
Federal employees are not part of the Executive Branch.
Why do you think congress and federal judges are exempt? They're federal employees too. Because they're not part of the executive branch.
They are the legislative and judicial branches. Crazy how a constitutional republic is supposed to really work uh?
This patently false. Federal employees that work for executive departments are absolutely part of the executive branch and congressional and judicial staff are not. Biden’s EO does not apply to congress or federal courts.

Incorrect, An EO is only for the Executive branch not the people.
Why do you think congress and federal judges are exempt? They're federal employees too. Because they're not part of the executive branch.
They are the legislative and judicial branches. Crazy how a constitutional republic is supposed to really work uh?

Hahaha which branch do you think we're a part of smart guy

This post ?

Bruh, how many branches of the government do you think there are? It isn’t a tree.

It blows my mind that this is what gets people to dig in their heels and screech. Not pay that scales with inflation year over year, or proper staffing, or transfer policies that don’t screw everyone over. Instead we’re going with “I don’t like needles and you can’t make me”.

It blows my mind that this is what gets people to dig in their heels and screech. Not pay that scales with inflation year over year, or proper staffing, or transfer policies that don’t screw everyone over. Instead we’re going with “I don’t like needles and you can’t make me”.
I’d donate to the “NCEPT blows” national billboard campaign

Last edited:
If you have Facebook, please consider going to the group I just started, Facebook Groups and joining. We have to fight for our jobs with everything we have. The group is titled "Air Traffic Controllers Against Mandates" Thanks

HQ
I would advise you to maybe not hold a government job and say you are going to fight against the tyranny of our government, kinda sounds like someone who likes the confederacy says

Nobody is forcing you to get a vaccine. If you don’t want it, go hand in your resignation and leave as a martyr against the tyranny you wish this was. If you’re not interested in getting it, you won’t be forced. McDonald’s isn’t requiring vaccines and I hear they’re short a few employees right now.

Nobody is forcing you to get a vaccine. If you don’t want it, go hand in your resignation and leave as a martyr against the tyranny you wish this was. If you’re not interested in getting it, you won’t be forced. McDonald’s isn’t requiring vaccines and I hear they’re short a few employees right now.
You are just a plain moron! YES they are being forced! You GD idiot! If someone says I am taking away your ability to provide a home for your family because they will finacially cripple you if you do not take the death shot, then you are being forced. You are just incredible. By your logic, if someone said take this death shot or I will kill your children, they wouldn't be forcing them to take the death shot.

You are just a plain moron! YES they are being forced! You GD idiot! If someone says I am taking away your ability to provide a home for your family because they will finacially cripple you if you do not take the death shot, then you are being forced. You are just incredible. By your logic, if someone said take this death shot or I will kill your children, they wouldn't be forcing them to take the death shot.
Vaccine mandates are constitutional and murder is not

D9329F45-B0DD-4B3F-92DA-3A12FA6D45E2.png

Go get another job if you won’t get the vaccine. You’re the one choosing to financially cripple your own family if you refuse and get fired or need new employment.

Can't wait for the Federal gov in the name of fighting the number one problem the world is facing, climate change, to have an EO mandating that we need to lower the population and so all federal employees must be made infertile. You have to do it because it's an EO and for the common good.

Can't wait for the Federal gov in the name of fighting the number one problem the world is facing, climate change, to have an EO mandating that we need to lower the population and so all federal employees must be made infertile. You have to do it because it's an EO and for the common good.
A free vasectomy with a 2 week time off award, and coworkers not being able to plan on squirting a kid out, right before summer? Sign me up, friend.

A free vasectomy with a 2 week time off award, and coworkers not being able to plan on squirting a kid out, right before summer? Sign me up, friend.
Less sick leave used due to no kids to take care of, no 12 week paid baby leave for the agency to pay out or cover OT for, employees not getting sick as often due to proximity to their children who get infected with stuff while at school. Lots of benefits to the agency... just saying... if they can get that to be an EO it can work. Everyone will have to do it, and if you don't agree you're more than welcome to find another job or request a waiver. There's no reason to not just get it done however, the procedure was approved by the FDA like decade's ago.

Last edited:
I would but I only fight battles worth winning. Quite simply, almost 100 years of legal precedents mean you're basically pissing into the wind by not receiving the COVID vaccine when the POTUS signed the Executive Order mandating federal employees and contractors receive the COVID vaccine.

At best, you are only entitled to accommodation or exclusion if you 1) have a “sincerely held religious belief” (see Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964), 2) notify the FAA you have a preexisting disability that prevents you from safely receiving a COVID vaccination (see Rehabilitation Act of 1973), or 3) you have a medical condition that may worsen upon taking the COVID vaccine (see Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). And since you would have had to declare any preexisting disabilities or medical conditions (#2 and #3 above) to the FAA as a condition of employment when you were hired, you're really only left with an accommodation under #1 above. Should you attempt to claim via preexisting disability or medical condition, and you did not previously advise the FAA, you set yourself up for termination for lying to the Flight Surgeon when you submitted your medical paperwork.

While the COVID vaccine mandate applies to federal employees and contractors, the DOT/FAA may grant reasonable accommodation requests to those with valid medical or religious reasons. However, an accommodation is normally only granted if it does not cause an undue hardship on the employer - not employee. Undue hardship means requiring significant difficulty or expense on the part of the employer. Furthermore, an accommodation to an unvaccinated employee must not pose a “direct threat.” An employee creates a direct threat if, even with an accommodation, they create "a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of the employee or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation." A requirement to work side-by-side and in close proximity to co-workers - especially when training - creates that "significant risk of substantial harm to...others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation."

One final nail in the coffin is that it appears NATCA has chosen not to fight the Executive Order as a change in working conditions... and they are unlikely to do so. Since unions represent members, as opposed to defend members, the law (and legal precedents) means you're out of luck on any failure to represent claim against the union.

It is my personal belief that few reasonble accommodation requests will be granted. And if you served in the military and received vaccinations as a requirement to service, you're definitely going to be denied a reasonable accommodation no matter how sincere your religious beliefs. And if you did not serve in the military, but received flu vaccinations at any time, you're probably going to be denied a reasonable accommodation no matter how sincere your religious beliefs. So, if you want to remain an air traffic controller, you can either get vaccinated or get punished/terminated.
I’d be willing to bet that not only will thousands of reasonable accommodations be approved, but you’ll also be angry others because you took it up the ass.
I would advise you to maybe not hold a government job and say you are going to fight against the tyranny of our government, kinda sounds like someone who likes the confederacy says
Let’s Go Brandon

I’d be willing to bet that not only will thousands of reasonable accommodations be approved, but you’ll also be angry others because you took it up the ass.

Let’s Go Brandon

There aren't thousands that aren't vaccinated so I'll take that bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom