Serious Financial help during government shutdown

CoffeeIV

Forum Sage
Please post information you have for ways those that may need assistance can get it.

I realize the likelihood of this shutdown going as long as the 35 day shutdown is slim but if you think you may need financial help I suggest you sign up for some of these places so you're not waiting around for application approvals.

Please refrain from turning this into some political nonsense like every other thread devolves into. Trying to make this an easy read for anyone that might need it.

USAA: $500 - $6,000 loan. The loan has an annual percentage rate of 0% and must be repaid within three months of funding. Your payments will be split into two equal installments, with the first payment due in about 60 days and the second due in about 90 days.

US Senate FCU: $5,000 loan. 90 day loan at 0% interest. Membership is a bit more difficult for this one, I joined by applying to the "American Consumer Council" (ACC) which was $8 I believe. You submit the proof of membership to the ACC to the USSFCU with your application. They did have great auto loan rates compared to others several months ago.

Navy Federal: Is offering a paycheck assistance program to Federal government employees that are members. I don't have specifics yet. "For members impacted by the shutdown who do not meet the eligibility requirements, our member service representatives may be able to offer alternative services for financial relief."

Last edited:
Navy Federal offers the following and members can sign up now. I would suggest doing so because they base it on your most recent paycheck.

$500 increments. I.e.

Paycheck was (example)

$3675 - they'll cover $3500
$4350 - they'll cover $4000

I used this last time. They'll yank the money the moment you get your FAA backpack when the shutdown is over. I'm already signed up for this potential shutdown coming up as of yesterday.

Here is the link.

Navy Federal offers the following and members can sign up now. I would suggest doing so because they base it on your most recent paycheck.

$500 increments. I.e.

Paycheck was (example)

$3675 - they'll cover $3500
$4350 - they'll cover $4000

I used this last time. They'll yank the money the moment you get your FAA backpack when the shutdown is over. I'm already signed up for this potential shutdown coming up as of yesterday.

Here is the link.

What is a access number?

If you gon cedar and search shutdown your old cedars are there with a list of who might be doing it this time also

Back
Top Bottom