Government Shutdown

Funny how they used to rally the forces to prevent possible shutdowns that never happened, but to this day, have failed to even acknowledge the harmful impact of 2+ years of intermittent training holds across the NAS. Much less do anything about it.
Honestly I see little incentive for current trainees to remain NATCA once they finally get certified

As someone who's starting the hiring process for the FAA do we need to be a member of NATCA as a trainee, is there any real benefit?
The shirt answer is no you don't have to join NATCA if you don't want to as a trainee. But remember you are probationary until a year in plus there's a possibility of going to a TRB of you have training issues.I personally would join then make the choice after you certify.

Honestly I see little incentive for current trainees to remain NATCA once they finally get certified
Every single trainee I know personally is only in the union now because they basically feel extorted to do so. They feel if they quit, the union-fantastics on the floor with try and wash them, and then they’ll get fucked at a TRB. The reps all but tell new people in the building that’s what will happen if they don’t pay dues.

This is probably true, NATCA already launched the laughable “stronger together” campaign, but the few dozen people they might draw back with that will be outpaced by the couple hundred trainees that will CPC this year and drop out in January.

Back
Top Bottom