GSO

Is there anyone trying to stay at STT? I feel like everyone not from there (which I understand is most of your facility?) is trying to get out!

So you don't want to ERR and you're pretty much set on waiting for a swap? You do you I guess.
Not the case.. I am in fact putting in for NCEPT. The problem is, there are nine other controllers at my facility that are also putting in requests. There are only eleven of us total. That should answer your question as well vectorwagon.

Not the case.. I am in fact putting in for NCEPT. The problem is, there are nine other controllers at my facility that are also putting in requests. There are only eleven of us total. That should answer your question as well vectorwagon.

My guess is that all 9 of you will be able to ERR out before GSO is eligible for a swap.

It sounds to me like "your wife took the kid and left to GSO" which would be an almost gauranteed hardship...
NO... Not really. I actually sent my wife and kid to VA after both CAT 5 hurricanes. Although they both are suffering depression disorder and anxiety from all that they have been through, mind you we have only been in STT for just over 4 months, I am trying to do things the proper way. I am NOT going to try and cheat the system even though I might be eligible for a hardship regardless. I just heard that someone wanted to try to swap down here. STT is not really great living when it comes to a 4 year old. So, I am trying to please the wife and get off the island. GSO is by no means my first choice. Since joining the FAA, I have always wanted to go to CLT to be honest. Also not trying to sound big headed and full of myself but with my experience, I am beyond lowly level 5 STT. 14 years experience, TRACON rated, multiple CTOs' from much larger DOD facilities..., I am pulling my hair out with how easy and slow it is here. Not meant for a person that wants to control planes like myself. I miss a challenge. Meant for a person that wants one of the easiest jobs in the Administration and relax drinking mojitos on the beach with an umbrella in it.

NO... Not really. I actually sent my wife and kid to VA after both CAT 5 hurricanes. Although they both are suffering depression disorder and anxiety from all that they have been through, mind you we have only been in STT for just over 4 months, I am trying to do things the proper way. I am NOT going to try and cheat the system even though I might be eligible for a hardship regardless. I just heard that someone wanted to try to swap down here. STT is not really great living when it comes to a 4 year old. So, I am trying to please the wife and get off the island. GSO is by no means my first choice. Since joining the FAA, I have always wanted to go to CLT to be honest. Also not trying to sound big headed and full of myself but with my experience, I am beyond lowly level 5 STT. 14 years experience, TRACON rated, multiple CTOs' from much larger DOD facilities..., I am pulling my hair out with how easy and slow it is here. Not meant for a person that wants to control planes like myself. I miss a challenge. Meant for a person that wants one of the easiest jobs in the Administration and relax drinking mojitos on the beach with an umbrella in it.
Glad that you think a hardship is “cheating the system”. That’s part of the problem and stigma attached.

I guess what I don't get is... Let's pretend you find your GSO soulmate... The staffing planets allign... And you both put in for a swap... Everyone else's err get looked at before swaps are considered... So you're going out of your way to put yourself in the back of the line... ERR out... Or Hardship... Sure people might scoff at you or feel you played the system... But at the end of the day, you gotta look out for you... Cuz no one else is that's for sure... They don't sign your paycheck... Good luck though... A stressful situation, I'm sure...

No.. I really do get what everyone is saying. I also very much appreciate all insight that has been given. I have learned a tremendous amount just by asking a question on this thread. I have only been in the FAA myself for just over 4 months.. I am still putting in an ERR request to not only this facility. Honestly, just trying to make the Boss a.k.a. Wife happy. Happy wife happy life right?

No.. I really do get what everyone is saying. I also very much appreciate all insight that has been given. I have learned a tremendous amount just by asking a question on this thread. I have only been in the FAA myself for just over 4 months.. I am still putting in an ERR request to not only this facility. Honestly, just trying to make the Boss a.k.a. Wife happy. Happy wife happy life right?
Put in the hardship, bro.

He wouldn’t be able to prove that she didn’t move just to get a transfer or voluntarily without a divorce or legal separation
Put in the hardship, bro.
The only thing I may have is there might not be sufficient medical available on the island. Both of my girls are in counseling and my wife was given prescriptions to try and help.

I qualified in just about a month before the storms. I am CPC and was given a waiver for CIC because of my previous experience. I have a total of 5 CTOs, multiple Radar qualifications to include TRACON at one of the hardest places to get in the Navy. Been a Sup/FWS/CIC at everywhere I have been the last 10 years or so.

Then why did you take STT? Only place they offered?

Probaby not hard to get some form of paperwork started for "proof".
Wife would need to divorce him and take the kid to get the hardship approved post NCEPT. The wife leaving/taking the kid has been the most abused hardship reason post NCEPT. Each region was given guidance to disapprove these hardship requests.

Wife would need to divorce him and take the kid to get the hardship approved post NCEPT. The wife leaving/taking the kid has been the most abused hardship reason post NCEPT. Each region was given guidance to disapprove these hardship requests.

However, if your wife and child are suffering from depression, it becomes a category 1 hardship. If your have proof that by moving off the island will improve the health of your family, then that could potentially be considered bona fide.

I'm the NATCA Facility Representative at GSO. I check this forum periodically to see what kind of "facts" are being passed around. If you have questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Is there anyone trying to stay at STT? I feel like everyone not from there (which I understand is most of your facility?) is trying to get out!

Truth. I spent 1.5 years there (August 2012-March 2014). ATM is an STT native, as is the FLM. Other than that, no locals. When I was there, most of the facility was washouts who just wanted to get certified and bail. Myself and another guy I went to OKC with were the first OKC grads to show up in several years. It can be a hard place to live.

Back
Top Bottom