Has the N.T.I. worked?

Fuck it, if they train on low traffic checks them out on that and let them gain experience over the busy season. Santa is against this, another reason why he is fucked up.

The old school thinking was some low level shitholes places taking 3-4 years to certify to “see the busy traffic” as you said. Philosophy on that changed a lot, there are a lot fewer places like that now, the people who used to promote that are mostly all retired now, and hopefully dead.

But it was an issue for decades. Young controller going through that then treating the next generation of trainees like that because “it was that way for us”. Idiots and pussies. Exactly the same as a father who beats the shit out of his baby then gets arrested and says that he had no choice because his father abused him lol.

Happy that around 2016-2017 that generation of new trainers finally said fuck that shit and in general, broke the culture. Also 804ing some of those shitholes helped eradicate this behavior too.
Like I said. There has to be something in between train always regardless of what’s happening and the old “well you haven’t seen everything that could possibly exist so you have to wait another year”. Training 5 hours a day on nothing in the winter at a low level Midwest tower doesn’t produce anything of value.

Traffic is a sine wave if you look at Midwest facilities on aap. Gfk is a ripping 9 but they shift from 32k plus ops a month to 8k a month in the dead of winter. You can’t tell me that’s the same.

My solution would be a contractucal seasonal training hold. You get paused. Maybe a few sessions a week to keep you in the game but it’s not a priority. After you unpause, and you certify, the length of time you from unpause to certification is added to the start of the pause, and retroactive pay and steps are given out. Eg if you pause Jan 1, unpause April one, and certify June 1, your raise, if applicable gets backdated to March 1 - 2 months of training from the pause. That way no one can say they are losing money or raises, and training can be foucsed at least during the active part of the year.

Or maybe don’t start people out in the tower when they will talk to one plane or less an hour. If you’re almost done, whatever, but the intro makes a difference. Same idea, you get a retroactive pay setting with back pay and raises for time they choose to sit you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom