Has the N.T.I. worked?

+TSRA

Pretty straightforward. Has the N.T.I. worked? I’m not sure what the original goals of the initiative were to begin with but have we seen measurable results?

Unable to satisfy NTI at facilities that have had a large influx of trainees. You end up wasting time on slow traffic to appease NTI and risk TRB. I.e. 15 hours/week requirement. When the ATM starts harassing OJTIs. I'm sure there are other hot points, but this one I noticed where I an at. I'd give it 3 out if 5 stars.

They absolutely right away adjusted the hours where I work. Sounds like your facility has a problem to fix.
Not my facility. Just talking about the people who come here complaining about it. Just denying someone training cus of traffic is never going to make them better.

Not my facility. Just talking about the people who come here complaining about it. Just denying someone training cus of traffic is never going to make them better.
They are complaining because the hours were not upped? Or what are they complaining about?

People are constantly complaining that they are wasting everyone’s hours on snow traffic
If the hours were upped, then fuck them for complaining they have to work/train for 12/15 hours of 40.
The old way of dragging hours was such a damn waste and they their phraseology was shit from not talking for a few days.

My last facility they upped the hours after the NTI, not sure how many. At large facilities it works great, prevents trainees from being used as staffing constantly and reduces the training time. The traffic is always there, if it gets slow you just combine up positions and you’re still moving traffic. However, at smaller facilities I think it could use an adjustment. Maybe if low volume is a concern then max training hours go away and they go by months or something? I also think trainees should get a proficiency day every week for positions they have.

Back in the good old days, the USAF tracked training days rather than hours. It worked well. The FAA would be much better off with the training program from the Air Force. Bring on the JQS!

My facility has a computer monitor that tells you traffic in 15 min increment blocks and are color coded, green, yellow and red. Some blocks are 2 arrvials and others are 20. Same concept for departures.

To "sign on and die on" and not pay attention to these blocks and plan training accordingly, absolutely wastes training hours.

Back in the good old days, the USAF tracked training days rather than hours. It worked well. The FAA would be much better off with the training program from the Air Force. Bring on the JQS!

So long as they don’t bring an MTL, MTTR, training records, and monthly proficiency tests.

Ok, well...has your staffing number(s) improved because of NTI? Less OT? Better shift rotation? More movement (NCEPT) occurred? Leave easier to get?

Back
Top Bottom