Hoping JAX or ZJX pick me up, are they popular?

Nah fam, you want thu/fri. Thursday OT, Friday RDO, Sat bang. It was glorious the 2 years it lasted.
Overtime? Hell naw homie, if it ain't scheduled, I ain't coming in. I'll still throw the bang in on Saturday tho.

Difference between tues/weds or weds/Thur days off....
"When I fist your ass, do you prefer if I use my left hand or right?"

"When I fist your ass, do you prefer if I use my left hand or right?"

FACT: Rotating days off feel like getting double fisted.

giphy.gif

FACT: Rotating days off feel like getting double fisted.

giphy.gif
I've been working a fuck ton of credit time, splitting my RDOs just to take a weekend day off for free here and there to hang out with my wife, so I'm going to call bullshit. Tue/Wed or Wed/Thu with a 4-3-1-6-mid is inarguably the absolute worst schedule you could possibly have.

There is no way that you can argue with a straight face that any rotating RDO scenario where you get at least 1 weekend day off for a portion of the year is worse than that schedule. I have to burn 24 hours of leave just to drive 2 fucking hours south to see my family for a weekend.

Tue/Wed or Wed/Thu with a 4-3-1-6-mid is inarguably the absolute worst schedule you could possibly have.

Agree but I worked that for 5 years so now Rotators feel like a regression to hell and I have pale skin and don't like getting gaped

Agree but I worked that for 5 years so now Rotators feel like a regression to hell and I have pale skin and don't like getting gaped

Makes sense if you're at a facility where you could suck it up for 5 years to get to a Thu/Fri or Fri/Sat...there's a guy at my fac who has 9 years in who can't get anything better than Tue/Wed.

We used to work rotating at my first facility, but I've been permanent days off for a while. I can get pretty much any days off I want. I still miss the rotating because I had to work less days in a row. If I had a hobby where I needed the same days off every week to join a team or something, I probably would have hated it. Everyone values different things

ZJX is actually pretty popular probably because it's great pay relative cost of living. JAX Tracon has a very high failure rate.

I understand people are trying to bid out of JAX, but training is slow in radar. Tower is boring. If you want to bid and stay put there, then go for it, but if you want to move up and out it's going to be a while. Good luck.

ZJX is one of those facilities that is a level 11 but works level 12 traffic with no help or structure. I have also worked at a level 12 facility that was a cakewalk compared to ZJX. All the transfers we get think this place is crazy. We have a blast here, but thunderstorm season and winter traffic is an ass kicker.

Back
Top Bottom