House meeting on transportation at 10am (i think eastern)

"The controller staffing shortage has led to the FAA implementing mandatory overtime to cover chronically short-staffed facilities. More than 40 percent of air traffic controllers regularly work six-day workweeks. To address this shortage, Santa stated that the FAA must adopt the updated and more accurate operational staffing targets developed by the CRWG."

Anyone have more info? My fear is we're gonna just reduce numbers and not call in ot

"The controller staffing shortage has led to the FAA implementing mandatory overtime to cover chronically short-staffed facilities. More than 40 percent of air traffic controllers regularly work six-day workweeks. To address this shortage, Santa stated that the FAA must adopt the updated and more accurate operational staffing targets developed by the CRWG."

Anyone have more info? My fear is we're gonna just reduce numbers and not call in ot
The new numbers make it even worse I thought.

Raising the numbers is great and all, but until they actually start hiring enough to match even todays numbers, it’s a moot point.
Raising the numbers is a disaster. It’s just gonna be more OT and less transfers. Now way all those centers needed to be raised. the delta between 6 day work weeks and more bodies than you know what to do with isn’t as many people as you think.

Raising the numbers is a disaster. It’s just gonna be more OT and less transfers. Now way all those centers needed to be raised. the delta between 6 day work weeks and more bodies than you know what to do with isn’t as many people as you think.
Facts highest traffic counts ever and lowest staffing in a decade. The covid checkouts are fine the system is fine

This really is the answer to the problem for most facilities. Not hovering around 80-85% with a few of the people out on long term duties or temp OS ect...
80% staffed with 25 people
Facrep detail,
Training detail,
Safety detail,
Broken bone,
45 days after incident

Guess they only need 20 people
20 People is 100% staffed the next year
2 transfers,
Facrep detail...etc

They only have 16 people for 85%

This rework could go realllllllll bad

80% staffed with 25 people
Facrep detail,
Training detail,
Safety detail,
Broken bone,
45 days after incident

Guess they only need 20 people
20 People is 100% staffed the next year
2 transfers,
Facrep detail...etc

They only have 16 people for 85%

This rework could go realllllllll bad
They aren’t reducing the numbers. They are increasing them at facilities that aren’t even close to full.

Yup if you need to check out 10 people to release and they raise it by 20 then you’ll need to check out 30 people. Good luck. Meanwhile they will keep pulling temp and perm sups everytime someone certifies
Oh so it's more like 25 people is 85% we can release one....then after 25 people is only 70%?

"NCEPT will not be using the crwg numbers in the near term. They're going to keep using the older numbers for employee movement until staffing improves."

-reposting my own comment that I made in june.

1000001994.jpg

I can’t believe you believe that. They change that shit like every panel
The CRWG #s have been out since this earlier this year and they haven't used them yet as part of NCEPT.
When the day comes I have faith that you'll be here waiting in the wings to move the goal posts and say I told ya so.

The CRWG #s have been out since this earlier this year and they haven't used them yet as part of NCEPT.
When the day comes I have faith that you'll be here waiting in the wings to move the goal posts and say I told ya so.
They haven’t approved or implemented them yet

Anyone have a link to both?
I'd love to make a table comparing them

Back
Top Bottom